No smooth surface

Deluka

No smooth surface

Post by Deluka »

I have the following problem
there is a deviation in the x and y axis
as you can see in the photo, it is quite regular
I've searched through google but what do you call something like this
my belts seem to be tightened properly and also looked at other speeds and temperatures
What can be the cause of this
Attachments
image.jpg

Saamec

Post by Saamec »

This effect oscillations of mechanical parts. The buffet has a console mount type, the motion of the Y axis in different directions is inertia in the direction of travel. All compounded if after driving Y+ is Y or Vice versa. The effect of the tail of a fish. Add to that the elasticity of the belt. In addition, the table has a weight, and awn X extruder has the weight - it enhances vibration. When the nozzle is wall model, a table and carriage vibrates. As a result, you get it on the photo. To remove this defect will not work at all, but it can be minimized by drawing nodes printer and belt tension. We still have in the settings slicer decrease the speed of passage of the outer perimeter of up to 30 mm/S. Try to print as close as possible to the Z-axis, the farther from the rail - stronger than this negative effect.

Deluka

Post by Deluka »

Thx for the answer
But if it can't be fixed then why don' t i see this effect in other people there prints?

seaton

Post by seaton »

Speed definately impacts this ringing. I.e. The faster the print the worse it gets. I'm printing around 60mm/sec and seems reasonable but not completely gone.

You can also adjust firmware settings acceleration and jerk. I did play around with these settings on the old marlin firmware and was getting decent prints at 100mm/sec but haven't played around since converting my felix 2 to v3 and repieter firmware.

Do a google search on ghosting/ringing as other printers also have these problems.
Stephen...

Felix 2.0 -> Felix 3.0 dual
Simplify3D Slicer, Kisslicer
Have you added your Felix to the Map? http://goo.gl/maps/HajnZ

http://blog.strobotics.com.au

Deluka

Post by Deluka »

Oke thx for the tip
Will look into it and show my results here

bluey

Post by bluey »

Wondering if the regularity is caused by a cogging belt interaction with teeth on pulley. To be smooth, the belt has to roll off the pulley as if a toothless belt off a smooth circle and surely this must be nearly impossible with a small diameter toothed pulley.

alanh

Post by alanh »

I also get this problem. I'm trying to fix it now.

1. I think my belts are stretched, especially on the Y belt.

2. The table on which my felix prints wobbles, which probably isn't helping. I think I'll move it to a concrete floor.

seaton

Post by seaton »

I'm pretty sure its not the belts, I replace mine fairly regularly and still get the problem.

I recently replaced my stock heads with satoers e3D design which removed a lot of the weight off the X axis, guess what? no more ripple on the X-Axis....but still there on the Y Axis, which hasn't changed.

To me this confirms that it's inherent in the design due to the inertia of the X and Y Axis. Only really solution is if you want without ripples, print slower, want part fast, then it has ripples.
Stephen...

Felix 2.0 -> Felix 3.0 dual
Simplify3D Slicer, Kisslicer
Have you added your Felix to the Map? http://goo.gl/maps/HajnZ

http://blog.strobotics.com.au

alanh

Post by alanh »

Problem is, I don't see these ripples on the printed parts that came with the printer. So it must be possible.

satoer

Post by satoer »

Another solution to avoid ghosting is to design the 3D printed parts with rounded corners. This will avoid sharp turns thus avoiding the ghosting effect.

To eliminate this effect completely I personally think the axes need to be redesigned eliminating the need for belts. If the X and Y uses fast ball screws it’s probably impossible to get backlash.
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

Return to “Troubleshooting”