Extruder motor not reacting

Peach3D

Extruder motor not reacting

Post by Peach3D »

He guys,

I'm completely new to 3D printing and this forum after receiving my Felix 3.0 Single a few days ago. We've been building as much as we could and tonight was the moment of truth.. would she come to life haha. She did, all axis homing worked perfect and we hit problems with feeding the filament in the extruder. Bed and nozzle heated as mentioned in the manual but when I wanted to feed the filament the extruder motor started jiggling, running 1/16 (i guess) back and forward very fast. Changed the wiring connections at the elec board and switched it with the Z-Axis and the extruder motor started spinning perfectly but my Z-Axis was dead now. Changed for a few other options to exclude anything but every time we put cables in the Ext0 (Ext1 also gives no reply to anything we try!) pots on the electronics board the function fails. Now we reached the point that the extruder motor doesn't respond to anything anymore.... Tried about anything we could came up with ; Upgraded the firmware to 0.92, tested with Repetier software, Simplify3D software. To complete the story I must say I'm a Mac OS:X user but I guess thats not the issue.

Hopefully someone very smart up here has a solution for me because off course this is kind of a little sad for me to not be able to print my first object after all those building hours haha!

Waiting for answers desperately!

Kind regards,
Raymond

satoer

Post by satoer »

So you replaced the malfunction extruded motor on the feeder with the Z- motor, and now the Z does not work? If you switch the Z connector with the X or Y does the same motor still malfunction? Are you sure you've got the wires right to the motor?
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

Peach3D

Post by Peach3D »

I already found the problem! Me as a big idiot hadn't read the manual correctly! The extruder wasn't heated after we changed everything so that was why it wasn't functioning.. Happy printing from then on! Thanks for your reply!

satoer

Post by satoer »

Still doesn't make sense why the Z-axis didn't work.
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

Return to “Troubleshooting”