URGENT - Repetier Host hanging all the time

Discussions about firmware/slicing software, tweaks and settings
agentmulder

URGENT - Repetier Host hanging all the time

Post by agentmulder »

Hello,

Usually I wouldn't say 'urgent' - it's used too often (!).. but thing is, first time I really need to USE my printer for a project where I am 'the 3D printer guy' and I cant use the thing...

I'm slicing a part using SFACT, Repetier Host stalls about 20mins in, I think maybe my mac decided to sleep, not sure if RH crashed because it slept, or it slept because RH crashed.

Anyway, now RH will hang every time I open it.

Very similar symptoms as disccused here: http://forum.bukobot.com/index.php?topic=3119.0

Copy and paste:
I can rotate and zoom the print volume graphic (though the rotate only takes effect after doing some sort of zoom).
Clicking on Temperature Curve replaces the 3D view with a blank gray rectangle.

Clicking on Load G-Code opens a search window, so that seems okay.

Clicking on Preferences opens up a preferences window showing 3D parameters , visualization quality and such, which responds when I click on things, however selecting configuration panels (host, slicer, 3D visualizations, color) is unresponsive.

In the main window clicking on Object Placement, Slicer, G-Code or Print Panel are unresponsive.

This seems to be about all I can do, and if I select the icon in the dock, I could quit the program, however as soon as I click on Connect, the program freezes and the dock says Force Quit.

After forced quitting and restarting there's a blue rectangle overlaying the Save as STL and Slice with Slic3r buttons saying Disconnected and the 3D view is an empty gray rectangle. Load G-Code still responds, and this time I tried loading some G-Code (from my old Maker-bot) and it looks like it did load something, the 3D view came back, but was unresponsive beyond that.

And it still has the Unknown printer firm... Disconnected at the bottom.

I have removed all profiles, re-downloaded and replaced them in case it was anything to do with this:
http://forum.felixprinters.com/viewtopi ... 5909#p5909

However the issue remains and I currently cannot print

Yes redownloaded and installed (0.56) RH, yes restarted mac, yes printer plugged in (and not)

University group project depends on me

Any help appreciated

agentmulder

Post by agentmulder »

Same thing happens with a fresh download of RH 0.53...

Legion 2.3

Post by Legion 2.3 »

I don´t have a mac, so a can´t help you on this side, but a simple sollution would be to use a windows-computer. I know it won´t solve the problem on your mac, but if you need the printer that urgent, it´s maybe the fastest an simplest solution.

agentmulder

Post by agentmulder »

I was considering printing a PC but solution via z0rak found here:

http://forum.felixprinters.com/viewtopi ... 5917#p5917

:D

Return to “Software/Firmware”