Major help needed - Multiple issues!!

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

Re: Major help needed - Multiple issues!!

Post by cron »

Hi,
Once you've fixed your other problems: In terms of filament blockage, I had similar issues early in the day. Have you tried different filament ? I currently have two rolls of filament, one of which works reliably (blue) - but the other one (white) will print successfully for a while (even up to a couple of hours) - and then it will stop extruding - and the filament head will block badly. (Bought from same supplier at the same time)

stratogavster

Post by stratogavster »

Hi Cron,

Sadly i've just got 1 roll of filament (black) bought from Felix Printers. Had assumed the quality would be vetted, though it has been in my mind that this could be contributing.....least of my worries now :(

The whole thing is just a mess.....it's certainly a broken RAMPS / Arduino

Will be buying more filament soon though for the future when this beat comes alive....

satoer

Post by satoer »

Another fault finding question....are there any key voltages etc to be found at various pins and terminals? Perhaps a more strategic test method is need to got to the root of the issues.
Well, Arduino and the ramps board are open source so the schematics are free available. All the information you need is available over here:
http://reprap.org/wiki/RAMPS_1.4
But have you tried to PM gfeliksdal already? Give him a PM with a link to this topic, maybe he can shed some light on it.
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

stratogavster

Post by stratogavster »

Thanks for the link...sadly I don't have the skills to bug find at this level....and currently in chats with gfelixsdal...help is on the way!

stratogavster

Post by stratogavster »

Thought i'd add a few nice hi-res images incase my late night tiredness was playing tricks on me....hope they help! Any suggestions or new images needed let me know...can upload them pretty quick.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

satoer

Post by satoer »

Are you absolutely sure the heat sinks don’t touch the soldered pins on the steppermotor controllers? These aluminum sinks conduct electricity and can short-circuit the controllers.
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

stratogavster

Post by stratogavster »

100% certain....daylight between them all. If I swap drivers the same behaviour applies so i'm sure the drivers are all ok. Something more fundamental at play here :(

On first getting my printer I did have a problem where one driver wouldn't work because one of it's pins had not been soldered...once that was fixed it was ok, and had another die prematurely.

Think I need a degree in electronics and a lab full of kit to fix this one....

stratogavster

Post by stratogavster »

Have just swapped the endstop on Y axis with that of the X axis...

Same behaviour.....

Y homes properly still regardless of endstop / driver (the little jump back happens, but not on other axis)...check continuity across all endstop wires on all 3, all good.

Once all axis are homed they can't move there after....the software thinks all endstops are permanently engaged and it won't allow movement!!

Reapeated with LCD / SD controller.....same problem! can move the axis out of home, once homed thats it stuck!!

Think my RAMPS has an issue somewhere around the endstop section? and perhaps deeper at the Arduino level?

After some deep thought i've realised that my X axis NEVER homed like the Y and Z....it never had the little 'jump back'!!! This points very strongly to the reason my prints never started in the correct location.....X endstop!!.....but now the problem has gone full blown across all endstops....I think it was pure luck and good fate that the printer actually got off the line and did anything....

Bummer....

What next?

New RAMPS & Arduino?.....

aikx

Post by aikx »

What is the firmware you use? Marlin? The modified Felix-Version?

stratogavster

Post by stratogavster »

Yes it's the firmware found on the Felix website.....had made the required tweaks to enable the LCD controller as required

Return to “General”