not printing right

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

hvdd

Re: not printing right

Post by hvdd »

i had about the same problems a few months ago. but all solved.
first the latest version of the Marlin soft works well- no problems for several months now.
second - the problem i have seen was - the reset button was pushed ( closed ) when the pcb is not fully in the right place.
it took a few hours before i saw it - with the new housing no problem.
the heatsinks on the stepper drivers was also a problem in the beginning but once adjusted it is also ok.
turn fully left and move the stepper until it do'nt loose steps ( 1/4 of the range of the pot)
rgds

stratogavster

Post by stratogavster »

to hvdd....

have you used the very latest Marlin firmware on github and tweaked it as per the Felix 1.0 or 1.5 requirements? I'm still using the 'official' Felix release but have been tracking the Marlin dev and can see a few bits and pieces that may help the overall stability and performance of the printer....hadn't made the jump to that new firmware as i'm too reliant on the printer at the moment :)

evanr

Post by evanr »

I printed two parts that turned out great.
Then I print the part in the attached image.
I thought all was good until I came back 2hrs later to find the part shifted.

I don't think this is firmware related.
After about 10mm, the part shifts.
Otherwise, as you can see the part look good.

Maybe stepper overheating or not enough power?
Would someone know?
Attachments
2 - PART SHIFTS OVER 2MM AFTER 10MM OF BUILDING
2 - PART SHIFTS OVER 2MM AFTER 10MM OF BUILDING
1 - PART SHIFTS OVER 2MM AFTER 10MM OF BUILDING
1 - PART SHIFTS OVER 2MM AFTER 10MM OF BUILDING

evanr

Post by evanr »

chillkroete wrote:I thought my RAMPS is broken on y-axis.

Bacause I tested the Y-Axis-Motor on the X-Axis on the RAMP and it worked. Only my y-Axis doesnt work. Tested RevE and RevD to fix the problem with Mac and Windows RepetiertHost (0.52 - 0.83) - Also checked the heatsink...

It wont work :/
btw: Also tried the Ramps 1.4 TestCode from RepRap - same problem y-axis wont move.

But thanks for your help anyway evanr.
maybe you could try the reverse.
If Y-axis is the problem, test the Xmotor on the Yaxis.
it could be the wiring or soldering on the Y.
just a thought.

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

Hi Evan,

Please double check the opto-sensors. You could try to reflow the solder joints of them to make sure they don't have an iffy contact. Also make sure the cables are ok and also the cable ends have firm contact with the connectors/screw terminals. If all that doesn't work, I think parts need to be replaced. Starting with the opto sensor and ramps board. Also the required reflashing doesn't seem right. Actually I never had to reflash any of my printers more than once.

Kind regards,

Guillaume

chillkroete

Post by chillkroete »

@evanr

Thats the way I tested if my motor is damaged or the board/ramps.
Result: Y-Motor works but the Y-Ramps didnt

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

So it seems like your y-stepperdriver is broken. Have you verified this by exchanging it with for instance the z-axis stepper? In the case it is broken we'll send you a replacement stepper driver for warranty.

chillkroete

Post by chillkroete »

Yep I tested it by exchaning the y-motor with the x-motor. In this case my y-motor works but the x-motor didnt. So I focused out it should be the Board/Ramps.
Maybe we can talk in Skype?

hvdd

Post by hvdd »

stratogavster wrote:to hvdd....

have you used the very latest Marlin firmware on github and tweaked it as per the Felix 1.0 or 1.5 requirements? I'm still using the 'official' Felix release but have been tracking the Marlin dev and can see a few bits and pieces that may help the overall stability and performance of the printer....hadn't made the jump to that new firmware as i'm too reliant on the printer at the moment :)
hi, i have just downloaded the latest version from felixprinters and did'nt change anything.
and for the moment i am using repetier host 0.82b, made some small schanges in the profiles (like fill)

it should work with the settings Guilliame set up as well hard as software otherwise it is a kamikaze project !!!.

hvdd

Post by hvdd »

chillkroete wrote:Yep I tested it by exchaning the y-motor with the x-motor. In this case my y-motor works but the x-motor didnt. So I focused out it should be the Board/Ramps.
Maybe we can talk in Skype?
try to swap the small pcb board for X and Y and test again.
then you know it is hardware or software related.

Return to “General”