Arnitel

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

kimmoli

Arnitel

Post by kimmoli »

Just got spool of Arnitel...

Found this from DSM brochure; "Processing (= polymer) temperatures are generally in the 220-260 °C range"
From matweb; "Melting Point 207 °C"

uh, I'll just try to extrude it at 220 C first.

Flexible stuff, rewinds completely after this 'tight' loop...
rullalla.jpg

kimmoli

Post by kimmoli »

First print made!

15mm diameter loop
arnitel_loop.jpg
arnitel_squeeze.jpg
Some Settings: Bed temp 62, Head temp 225, Feedrate 100% (from default), Flowrate 105%, Layer thickness 0,15mm

Some issues with getting layer adhesion, but looks that 2nd educated guess was guite ok.

kimmoli

Post by kimmoli »

New testprint (hollow dice 15x15mm)
arnitel_dices.jpg
Surface is quite glossy, so it looks worse in the picture that it is.

For some reason there is trace from home to printing location as the stuff keeps leaking from extruder.

satoer

Post by satoer »

Intresting. Where dit you buy it?
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

kimmoli

Post by kimmoli »

satoer wrote:Intresting. Where dit you buy it?
http://www.felixprinters.com/product-ca ... ables.html

kimmoli

Post by kimmoli »

x-xable-support.jpg
x-xable-support-in-place.jpg
Flexible cable support for X-cable

kimmoli

Post by kimmoli »

I printed about 100mm diameter timing belt, and when it was at about 4-5mm in height it was loosen from the table... But generally it sticks to kapton really good. Maybe it suffered from some heat shirnking, dunno.

dognotdog

Post by dognotdog »

Hmm, I would definitely not use it for a timing belt, as enticing it may be. You want the belt to be really stiff, concerning elongation, that's why they always have a reinforcing fabric or steel wiring layer.

Other than that, nice work on figuring out the parameters for using it! I didn't realize Guillaume already had the stuff in the store, he could've mentioned it somewhere :)

More motivation to fix the thermistor in my 2nd extruder! I also have some PVAL filament, with which I managed a single dual print before the thermistor started going really bad.

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

dognotdog wrote:Hmm, I would definitely not use it for a timing belt, as enticing it may be. You want the belt to be really stiff, concerning elongation, that's why they always have a reinforcing fabric or steel wiring layer.
Hi guys, I'm new here, my short intro below (is there a newcomer intro section ?)

Has anyone ever tried to reinforce a build while it's printing ? I mean, just thinking out loud here, pausing the print for a few seconds (if at all possible), then adding a fine metal wire on the layer, then re-starting the print, and repeating this every X layers ?

thanks

Hugues
from Switzerland

My short intro:
My name is Hugues, I live in Switzerland, engineering background,
never used 3D printers before, just ordered my Felix 2.0 recently and some PLA and Arnitel,
I'm building an electric motorbike, my build thread http://www.elmoto.net/showthread.php?21 ... ild-thread, and recent first trial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4W4oIZxMMc,
my first 3D print project will be to print isolation parts over some cables and terminals on the bike, using Arnitel,
I'm glad this forum exists, been reading for a while...
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

tero_kapanen

Post by tero_kapanen »

Is Kimmo the only one who have bought Arnitel?

Other user experiences? Anyone?

Return to “General”