v3 Filament cleaner & other bits?

Help eachother out with assembly problems.
DocMooney

v3 Filament cleaner & other bits?

Post by DocMooney »

I've received the v3(dual extruder), and I'm trying to figure out the 'extra bits' that came in the package. Unfortunately, there was absolutely no documentation in the shipment (though the hardware was really well packed. Bravo).

I've gotten that the triangular bits go with the bearings to form spool holders, though I don't know why what appear to be the bases are different. Any ideas?

I also have no idea what the thin ring of plastic is for. It seems to nest inside the dual material base...

The oddly shaped piece that mounts on the frame has me completely clueless. It seems to be for mounting something, but doesn't seem strong enough to mount much. Any ideas?

Lastly, what seems to be a filament guide I think I've almost got figured out, but I didn't want to mess anything up by mounting it incorrectly. It would seem to mount in the groove in the top of the frame, with the filament dust cleaners in the pockets on one side. On the other side the filament guides would be inserted, and those would also be inserted into the top of the extruders. Yes? Is there a specific position on the frame they should be mounted?

Thoughts? Corrections? Help? Bad jokes?

Thanks,
Jim

Kjetilei

Post by Kjetilei »

Could you take a photo/photos of the "mystery" pieces? Then we might be able to help you out :)

And since you asked for it:
Q: What do you call a cow in a earth quake?
A: A milkshake!

Bitpower

Post by Bitpower »

Pictures are self-explanatory.
Felix has placed it on the back next to the powersupply.
Attachments
banner3.png
IMG_20140113_132000.jpg
IMG_20140113_131946.jpg
IMG_20140113_131939.jpg

Return to “Assembly”