Issues with the printable Extruder_cover_single_extruder_V2

Help eachother out with assembly problems.
andrewsi

Issues with the printable Extruder_cover_single_extruder_V2

Post by andrewsi »

I've got my printer nicely calibrated and so I was able to print out this object to cover the extruder fan and hot end. I know it's printing at the right size because the nubs on the inside fit perfectly into the mounting holes on the Sunon fan.

However, the screw hole for the mounting screw that passes through this piece, the fan, the and the bracket that attaches to the ducted fan, appears to be placed too far to the right (as viewed from the front). It's not possible to mount this piece back on the overall assembly because the screw will not line up with the ducted fan bracket when it is placed over the "right half" of the extruder assembly. EIther that, or this thing is supposed to have a much tighter fit than I think it does.

I assume that it was Guillaume who designed this piece, maybe he can fix it. Or maybe I'll have to have a go at trying to design my own. :-)

b3dvisuals

Post by b3dvisuals »

Try to slide the cover including the fan from the top downwards over de printhead.
The right-side of the cover has a little "extension" that can slide into the right-side off the printhead....
I hope that I explained it well.

andrewsi

Post by andrewsi »

I'll give it a shot again, but it didn't seem quite right. :-/ Thanks for the tip-

Return to “Assembly”