Lead screw slightly bent, out-of-box

Discussions about mechanics
Sentinyl

Lead screw slightly bent, out-of-box

Post by Sentinyl »

So I just recently put together my new, personal, 3.1 printer. When I began calibrating my amazing new printer, I was slightly upset to find out that the very top of the lead screw is bent. The top is the only area that "wobbles" or "Nutates" around the first 2-3 inches of my lead screw. Is it safe to attempt a bend back into place?

I work with 3 of these printers at my workplace, and I'm very familiar with their calibration and assembly. I use my own personal set of calipers and I have even re-checked the straightness of the rail to the spine 3X for the alignment of the z-axis rail, and it is definitely straight and at the recommended *12mm* from the edge like the instructions state.

If I am recommended not to attempt bending it, do you think the felix peoples will replace it? :p

It's the only thing I can find wrong with my parts. Thanks in advance for those who help!

janwijbrand

Post by janwijbrand »

Hi

Personally I would ask for a replacement. I'm fairly positive Felix's people will provide you with a new one.

Good luck!
Felix 3.1 single extruder, soon to be Tec 4 dual

Sentinyl

Post by Sentinyl »

janwijbrand,
Thank you. I'll send them an email later on today. I created another issue for myself that I need to work out before I can start printing anyway.

Return to “Mechanics”