Rough surface

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

Legion 2.3

Re: Rough surface

Post by Legion 2.3 »

seaton wrote:Try printing sone calibration pieces at different locations on you bed. I had similar problems and couldn't work it out until I printed a cibration piece at a totally different location to where I normally print. Low n behold it was perfect. Turned out that my belts had stretched/worn where I do all my prints. Replaced the belts all good
I have about 10 days printing time on the display, it´s bad when the belts are already worn after such a short time, but i can see some abrasion on the steppers under the pulleys.
Do you know a good place where i can get good HTD-belts (shipping to Germany), i mean something better than the ones that came from Felix? I don´t want to replace them every month :evil:
Dreide wrote:In case you are using Repetier firmware and adjust the flow rate not in the slicer but via the control program, you might want to read this: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1013#p6211.
As organic-like models are probably sliced with shorter segments as compared to more technical models, the described flow rate problem might become quite relevant in your case, even if your prints seem to be relatively large.
I didn´t change the flowrate while printing. It´s possible that my flowrate was really too high, I reduced it to 0.98 and my latest print (at least at straight walls) looks absolutely clean now. Only close to overhangs, the surface is rough at some spots.

Apart from this, I got serious ringing problems as you can see below:
(damn, this print was the overhang overkill :? )
20140720_095217[1].jpg
1st. Stripe: accel : 1250, Jerk = 12.5<br />2nd. Stripe: accel: 550, Jerk = 7
1st. Stripe: accel : 1250, Jerk = 12.5
2nd. Stripe: accel: 550, Jerk = 7
accel: 550, Jerk = 7
accel: 550, Jerk = 7
I reduced to acceleration to the half (which seriously slowed the print down, espacially at the infill), but there is still visible ringing at the corners.

Acceleration upper part of the print: 550, jerk : 7.

As far as i know, the repetier firmware should anticipate those corners and start the deceleration early enough, though it looks like this doesn´t work accurate if I have a high-poly-modell.
I know that rotating the modell 45 ° can help, but sometimes this doesn´t help due to the geometry of an object.

I did this print at the left corner of the build plate (to test if the belts aren´t worn there). Obviously, the build plate is quite unstable at this area because it´s far away from the linear bearing.

Any suggestions?
Belts are tight.