new Felix problems

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Re: new Felix problems

Post by gfeliksdal »

Your head sensor is indeed broken unfortunately. If you now set the temp at 200 del it will be a lot higher in reality and would most likely cause the extruder jams. There should be another sensor provided in the kit, otherwise send me a mail and I'll provide you a new one.

hvdd

Post by hvdd »

thanks, problem solved with the spare one.

hvdd

Post by hvdd »

trying to print some parts, but wire blocks in extruder after some time.
specially when printing stops to move to other position
solid pieces like 'owl' is ok in normal quality
made some tests always with the same part at different speed and temp
see pics.

all advice welcome

rgds
Attachments
from right to left<br />a: speed 100 temp 210°<br />b: speed 100 temp 215°<br />c: speed 100 temp 220°
from right to left
a: speed 100 temp 210°
b: speed 100 temp 215°
c: speed 100 temp 220°
all at normal quality<br />from right to left,<br />a: printing at 100 speed temp 200°<br />b: printing at 80 speed temp 200°<br />c: printing at 60 speed temp 200°<br />d: printing at 100 speed temp 205°
all at normal quality
from right to left,
a: printing at 100 speed temp 200°
b: printing at 80 speed temp 200°
c: printing at 60 speed temp 200°
d: printing at 100 speed temp 205°
printing for 30 minutes ok , no more wire as soon as the square part is finished
printing for 30 minutes ok , no more wire as soon as the square part is finished

danielkschneider

Post by danielkschneider »

Stupid suggestion but worth looking into it....

Did you check filament? About 1/3 of my rolls are no good, i.e. include "knots" that make almost or totally impossible for the filament to pass through the extruder. There can be some deviation from 1.75mm but not that much. Worst case I measured was 2.6mm...

In my case, about 90% (or more) of all jams are explained by this.

satoer

Post by satoer »

Is there enough tension on the extruder bearing?
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

hvdd

Post by hvdd »

thanks for the replay,
yes, i checked the filament and it is between 1.65 and 1.72 measured on more than 20 places.
as well the back , white and red filament i have. ( supplied by felixprinters)
my idea it has something with temp. when the extruder head moves without printing, from one place to another
then the filament retract 1.5 mm and cool down in the alu part - restarting printing it makes a thicker 'bulb' at the end that can not be pushed
into the extruder head
i am confused abt temperature - i set it to 225° for best results - means more heat, and on the forum i read 195° on some places.

rgds

hvdd

Post by hvdd »

Is there enough tension on the extruder bearing?

i have done tests now for 14 days and sometimes ( depending on object) it works well.
for ex. the owl from this forum - always printing - was very nice and ok.
the new electronic box for 1.5 is ok till it starts printing the small studs and then the filament blocks in the head.

i have done test with different tension on the extruder bearing from soft to hard - no difference.
also tested the retract speed and distance without result
i opened already certianly 50 times the extruder head to take out a small part of wire ( left in after full retraction)
mostly a small bullet of wire less than 1 mm long... and cold because it is after the insulation ring.

if there is some space inside between the insulation ring and the top alu part on retraction the wire will cool down in that erea
and will be to thick to go back into the extruder after moving without printing.

rgds

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

hvdd wrote: i set it to 225° for best results.
This temp is normally way too hot for PLA at least with the sensors supplied with the felixprinters hot-ends. I use 190 to 195 degC for my production prints and sometimes 195 is already too hot for some colors to get optimal results.

Not 100% sure about this theory, but I think when the temp is too high, the material in the nozzle will have a very low viscosity, when you insert fresh filament at high speed the pressure for the fluid filament might be lower to go up the barrel then to go through the tiny nozzle. The filament which creeps up will solidify against the cold zone of the hot-end which then causes an extruder jam.

hvdd

Post by hvdd »

thanks, i will try it immediatly
rgds

hvdd

Post by hvdd »

strange- see the difference
left at 195° and speed at 80 normal profile
right at 215° same speed and profile

and after each print i find this problem, probably due to the high temp
small part left in the extruder
Attachments