Not consistent Z height

temo

Not consistent Z height

Post by temo »

Hello

So my printer have been working good for a time put now I can't for the sake of it get a consistent Z- height. I home all axes to start with when i turn on the printer to get my Z-height, but when I home again for leveling or printing I don't manage to get to the same Z-height, I just don't get it? I've even tried to send G92 Z0 X100 Y100 after manually leveling the bed and skipped the G28 before printing, but it docent maintain the right Z-height onto the second layer.

I'v gone over every grub screw and every lose screw on the Z-stage, cleaned and oiled the Z-screw, tightened up the z-vane, looked for loose wires, etc etc.

It's like it is missing steps/not keeping count, I just don't get it. I tried to print one of my old parts today, that I printed several of before, but no avail, see the photo.

Anyone experienced this before?
Can it be the electronic playing a game with me?

Terje
Attachments
Failed print on second layer
Failed print on second layer

Dreide

Post by Dreide »

Maybe a problem with the end stop sensor. Is the Z opto clean? Even if it is, it could be an aging effect pushing the opto signal closer to the threshold and thereby making the signal less stable, especially when Z is close to home but possibly also at other Z positions. Do you see the inconsistencies with Z also at higher layers? If you put the bed at a safe distance from home (home being defined by the end stop) when doing the G92 trick, do you still have the problem?
Felix 2.0->3.0dual * Repetier (host+firmware) * KISSlicer Pro, Simplify3D * Cubify Design

temo

Post by temo »

Well, I've really looked at the z-height higher up, but I think it's stable once I get it right from the start. Today I will paint all my vanes matte black and clean the opto sensorer and go over the torque for the steppers. I will also add a cloth-pin spring to my Z-leveling assembly. Then I will try to level again.

This is how it uselly look like when I print this, see the photo!

Any more thoughts about this?

Terje
Attachments
Printed handle
Printed handle