Wobble between Z-axis lift bearings

Help eachother out with assembly problems.
todd

Wobble between Z-axis lift bearings

Post by todd »

Regarding the Felix 3.0 assembly, I'm wondering how tight the 2 bolts holding the 4 bearings on the z-axis lift need to be. I've tightened them as much as seems possible, but there still a considerable amount of wobble. If I spread them apart with my fingers I see 22mm of distance between them, if I pinch them together there's only 16mm of distance. I'd think this was wrong, but if I turn the panel around and measure the back of the bolt, there don't appear to be any more threads to tighten the nuts further. Also, the assembly manual v2.0 step 19 stays to use 1 washer on each bolt, however the corresponding step on version v1b of the manual (which is actually step 20 in that doc), says to use 2 washers on each bolt. The extra washer on each bolt would tighten it up considerable I'm sure. Was this an intentional change in the new version of the manual? If so is it actually desirable for those bolts to be that loose, or do I just need to try even harder to tighten them more with only one washer each?

satoer

Post by satoer »

4 bearings on the Z lift... Which bearings do you mean? The ones guiding the belt?

[edit] Ive looked at the manual, and you referring indeed to the belt guide bearings. There shouldn't be any play between them. And 6mm play is a enormous. There's definitely something wrong in the assembly. But whatever you do to fix it, make sure the bearings run freely.
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

Dreide

Post by Dreide »

Just in case you haven't noticed, in step 16-18 you use 40mm bolts just to pull the nuts into place. Then you remove these long bolts and, for step 19-20, use the shorter bolts (25mm).
Felix 2.0->3.0dual * Repetier (host+firmware) * KISSlicer Pro, Simplify3D * Cubify Design

todd

Post by todd »

Ha, yep, I see the problem. Thanks to both of you for your comments. I was mistakenly using the M4x40 bolts in step 20. I didn't notice that they switched to the M4x25 after putting the nut in place. I couldn't figure out how I was supposed to get the nut all the way down given the lack of threads on the top 19mm of the M4x40, now it makes sense, wrong bolt. Thanks again for the help, much appreciated.