again opto endstop dilema Felix 3.0

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

Patrick

again opto endstop dilema Felix 3.0

Post by Patrick »

Hello,
probably this is the 50th topic with a opto endstop issue request.
Unfortunately I haven't read a single one with a solution. So my question: how can I get the endstops to work? The Z endstop seems to work OK but the X and Y doesn't.
The LED of all of them kind of working if the endstop is triggered. I can measure a voltage of 1.2V between ground and VCC. The Signal goes from 0.2V (untriggered) to 2.65V (triggered)
I conected the endstops as shown in the manual yellow -> Signal / black -> Ground / red -> VCC
Any advice would be helpful.
regards
Patrick

Patrick

Post by Patrick »

I managedt to rise the Signal voltage up to 4.5 volts by covering the vanes with duct tape.
But this didn't do the trick neither.
then I switched the endstops. It is relative clearly now that the digital inputs for the x and y endstops didn't work either by firmware or damage of the main board.
No matter what endstop I connect to the Z axis input, this one will work. The others not.

DDME-Marc

Post by DDME-Marc »

Hi Patrick,

From what you describe its possible there may be multiple issues at hand, however I would start with the simple option first.

I would suggest to firstly isolate opto sensor circuits by rerouteing/insulating all wires away from the main wiring loom.

I chose to route all opto wires externally and since doing so I have completed over 250 hours of printing without a single end stop error.

Cheers,

Marc
Attachments
sensor.jpg
Felix 3.0 Dual Head * E3D Titan V6 * Repetier-Host V2.1.3 * Repetier-Firmware 0.92.9 (01/08/17 - Modified) * KISSlicer Pro - 1.6.3 * Arduino 1.8.5 *

Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Hi Marc,
thank you for your response.
I will try that today but I have already separated the Y endstop without luck.

Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Okay I separated the endstop wires from the rest but without luck. The printer behave like the digital inputs for X and Y axis are either defect or in the firmware is a bug but I doubt that.
I contacted the support@felixprinters.com two days ago but no response.

Patrick

Post by Patrick »

To make sure the stepper motors are correct connected I triggered all endstops with duct tape (4.5 Volt on the signal wire yellow) and moved all axises to center position.
Then I try to every axis by the Repetier Software.
The Z-Axis only move in + directon
The X and Y Axis move in both directions.

seaton

Post by seaton »

what is the voltage measurement on the signal wire of the optos when nothing is blocking the opto? I think you'll find it has an offset voltage at a higher voltage than the ones not failing.

Mine had similar problems and the one with the higher offset would intermittently fail due to noise on the voltage rail pushing it over the logic threshold. I fixed mine by replacing the opto, but in my mind there should be very little offset and I still feel its rather high.
Stephen...

Felix 2.0 -> Felix 3.0 dual
Simplify3D Slicer, Kisslicer
Have you added your Felix to the Map? http://goo.gl/maps/HajnZ

http://blog.strobotics.com.au

Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Hi seaton,
the offset at the unblocked optos is 0.23 Volt and far away from the trigger point of roughly 2.6 Volt. All at an relatively equal level. I switched two optos already to make sure they are not damaged.
I really think the mainboard is the problem.
It's sad that the guys from felixprinters do not response at all, neither at email nor on skype :-(

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

Hi Patrick,

When did you order the printer? COuld you tell me what version the control board is? Does it say felixprinters 2.1?

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Hi Guillaume,
I ordered the printer from a reseller in germany now two weeks ago.
I received the kit last friday and finished the assembling on Sunday.
The control board ist version 3.0 so probably the latest version.
Felix controler board 3.0
Felix controler board 3.0
Funny, the box with the screws, nuts and washers is the old one with the wrinkled washer and without thin square nuts.
When I first tested the printer it could be that the endstops worked then. But I didn't gave this point much attention because I had never problems with endstops in the past and the Felix is my fourth printer so far.
What I recognize then was the not working second extruder (temperatur and movement) so I updated the firmware to the last version like the manual said.
After that both extruder are working, as far as I can say so by using them without filament.
I checked older firmwares, but without success. So it may be the x and y endstops never worked properly.
It looks like the reseller will send me a replacement controller board (and the springs instead of the wrinkled waschers) and hopefully the problems are solved.