again opto endstop dilema Felix 3.0

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

Patrick

Re: again opto endstop dilema Felix 3.0

Post by Patrick »

Hello Guillaume,
yes, I made some printings and they are came out very nice.
But I'm not totally conviced that the primary problem is solved. At the first tests I haven't had the guts to hit the "home" button.
Perhaps anyone with a printer with display can check this out:

disconnect the printer from the computer
make sure no endstop is triggered
switch on the main power
go to the "x position fast" menue and move the axis in minus direction towards the endstop. Now you can see, if you can go further than the endstop normally allowes.
do the same check with y an z axis

I'm very courious what behaviour other printer show on that particular point.

regards
Patrick

Dreide

Post by Dreide »

Ah, I just see that in the Configuration.h which you can download from Felix it says:

#define ALWAYS_CHECK_ENDSTOPS 0

I think Felix set this to 0 in order to work around the problem of spurious endstop signals messing up the prints. On newer PCB's, however, the resistor values in the opto switch circuit have been changed to make the endstop signal more robust. Nevertheless, having the endstops being checked all the time still comes with the risk of false positives but only protect the hardware in half of the cases anyway as there are no endstops on the far side. So disabling the endstop check is not unreasonable - it is a matter of preference, I would say.
Felix 2.0->3.0dual * Repetier (host+firmware) * KISSlicer Pro, Simplify3D * Cubify Design

Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Ok, I see the point.
This parameter looks pretty much global to me.
The thing is that on the z axis the endstop aways works.

Dreide

Post by Dreide »

Patrick wrote: The thing is that on the z axis the endstop aways works.
The last time I looked into the code, the ALWAYS_CHECK_ENDSTOPS flag was not taken into account for Z, so Z is indeed treated differently in this respect.
Felix 2.0->3.0dual * Repetier (host+firmware) * KISSlicer Pro, Simplify3D * Cubify Design