Problem with frame dimensions

Discussions about mechanics
aussieW

Problem with frame dimensions

Post by aussieW »

Firstly let me say that I have posted in this subforum rather then the "Assembly" subforum because there is no way to start a new topic in the "Assembly" subforum.

After looking at all the other printers on the market I am seriously considering purchasing a Felix printer. Not having owned or constructed a 3d printer before I have been reviewing the Instruction Manuas to gauge whether the assembly will be within my skill level. Something that jumped out at me is the frame dimensions. The BOM states (and it is confirmed in one of the photos) that the 80x40 piece of T-Slot is 440mm long, but I can't for the life of me see how the frame could be square if that is the case. Has anyone actually put one of these together? I would be curious to know if this is a mistake in the documentation.

Regards
aussieW

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

Hello AussieW,

The frame is square :), and it is not an error in the documentation... The beams are shifted, so to make it fit one has to be longer than the rest. The rest of the beams are 400 mm long. The frame is the easiest to put together, only takes 5 to 10 minutes. I'll also look into the permissions of the assembly forum.

Regards,

Guillaume.

aussieW

Post by aussieW »

Thanks Guillaume, I see it now.