Acetone slurry not working

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

kerog

Acetone slurry not working

Post by kerog »

Everyone told me that the Acetone/ABS slurry was the best way to get good adhesion, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. It's hardly sticking at all. Any advice? As I understand it, I'm supposed to apply to the glass when cool, allow to dry for a while, and then heat the bed to 100C and print. Am I missing something?

-Keith

satoer

Post by satoer »

I tries to create ABS slurry, but I also didn't managed to dissolve the ABS completely. Maybe the acetone isn't agressive enough over here. Now I use Pritt Power glue stick on glass to print ABS:
http://www.prittworld.co.uk/en/consumer ... stick.html
(Don't use regular Pritt)
Works perfectly.
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

sanimirza

Post by sanimirza »

Very strange, because I checked then the rail, greased it checked if anything else is not tight or vibrates as well and I found nothing!
If you are looking for fast success in JN0-102 exam dump then join today to find complete testking testking.net - 300-206 dumps and pass passguide principiacollege on first try. A person can pick www.hood.edu and University of Hawaii for its easiness.

NikolaiD

Post by NikolaiD »

I've been mixing mine in a 20ml eye drop bottle. For 20ml of acetone I put in about 30mm of 1.75 filament cut into small pieces to make it dissolve faster.
I print on glass (from a picture frame) with the bed at 95C and it sticks with this mix. Easy to clean too.