SFACT Slicer Error

Discussions about firmware/slicing software, tweaks and settings
stratogavster

SFACT Slicer Error

Post by stratogavster »

Hello All,

Having an issue with Repetier Host.....have configured as required, all relevant prerequisites are in place, and running the latest Repetier Host as Administrator, but one the slicing is done I see this message.

[Also the SFACT profiles are greyed out when I return back to Repetier Host from the SFACT window]

Generated G-Code Not Found

I could not find the generated G-code.

Possible Reasons:
- the slicer had an error and didn't finish slicing. Check log output.
- the slicer stored the file with an unexpected filename.

Expected Filename and Location
C:\Program FIles\Repetier-Host\composition.

If I browse for the suggested 'Composition' file, it's there and it still prints as expected (renamed and moved to SD card), but it would be nice to have the Slicer dump the file where it's meant to be with no errors.

Any suggestions of what might be wrong?
error.PNG
error.PNG (10.79 KiB) Viewed 682 times
setup.PNG
sfact.PNG

satoer

Post by satoer »

Aren’t there any details in the log panel?
There also seems to be a problem with your profiles directory. Can you create a custom profile in the Sfact => profiles window, and search for that name in windows explorer?
Is the found file in the same directory of your configured profiles directory?
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

stratogavster

Post by stratogavster »

Haven't managed to track down the log file...will have a look again, where should it be found?

The profiles directory seems ok, and have replaced it a couple of times as per instructions. The Slicer happily changes from SKEINFORGE to SFACT, and I can choose the relevant profiles from the SFACT self dialogue...

The Gcode that is spat out can be found in the working directory, and appears to work

Will try an overwrite the profiles again...

satoer

Post by satoer »

Log "panel", not log file ;)
log.jpg
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

Hi stratogavster,

I see that the profiles directory is incorrect. It should be:
C:\Program Files\Repetier-Host\sfact_profiles\profiles

Regards,

Guillaume

stratogavster

Post by stratogavster »

Good spot! deliberate mistake there....

Had actually duplicated the profiles at varying levels throughout the tree structure including the one shown in the image. Had ensure the folder permissions where correct too, but it didn't want to play ball on any level. Though it did work with the profiles in my user directory.

Though have just installed an older release got it working and then put the latest version over the top....all good now!! (Incidentally it's a fresh install on Windows 7 64bit). Same issue attempted on a virtual machine on my mac worked first time as expected.....

[next issue is Windows Aero keeps being disabled when I load Repetier Host or KISSlicer......god I hate PC's! they just don't work!! one for Dell Support I think...loads of folk out there with similar problems, though as above Aero works fine on the virtual machine]