Printed Parts

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

black1q

Printed Parts

Post by black1q »

I decided to buy the felixprinter because I had seen the pictures of the printed parts. And I think the worst thing a manufacturer of 3D printers could do is not showing what you can do with it. Sounds logical or? But belive me I take a look at nearly every 3D printer and thats realy a lot, and about 30 percent of them dont show at least one printed part.... they may be genius in building printers, but dumb in marketing, because I would never buy a 3D printer without seeing a result. By the way I´m realy impressed by the quality of the prints, it is even better than I thought.
So if you all agree, then let us show what we can do with such a printer, this will help potential customers and maybe share some idears .........

black1q

Post by black1q »

I start with this one. I once get a big magnifying glass, and I found an old desktop lamp. So I cut of the lamp and printed a holder for the magnifying glass. I glued the glass in with silicone even it was not necessary because it fits perfect. The holder was printed out of PLA on painters tape with a higher heat (230°) so it gets realy strong. The heated bed was at 60° and the outer diameter of the ring is 13,5 cm. It takes about 75 minutes to print and less than 30 gramm of PLA. Something useful out of garbage :D
Pict0016.jpg
Pict0015.jpg
Pict0011.jpg

mkh42

Post by mkh42 »

Hello

OK I will add also some practical stuff.
I'm interested in building robots. After my first version lawnmower robot is now three years old I decide to build a new one where all my experience i gathered with my first one should help to improve this new one.

Because since a few month I'm proud owner of a Felixprinter i certainly thought about to print the chassis of the new lawnmower robot.
The pictures attached show the main part of the chassis. It's not the final version but one I already can test with.

The dimension of the chassis is 23x19cm so it uses nearly the whole printer space in XY direction.

After the first tests I'm already very pleased with the wheels.

Hope you like it.

Greetings
mkh42
Attachments
DSCF7032.JPG
DSCF7031.JPG
DSCF7030.JPG
DSCF7029.JPG

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

black1q wrote:I decided to buy the felixprinter because I had seen the pictures of the printed parts. And I think the worst thing a manufacturer of 3D printers could do is not showing what you can do with it. Sounds logical or? But belive me I take a look at nearly every 3D printer and thats realy a lot, and about 30 percent of them dont show at least one printed part.... they may be genius in building printers, but dumb in marketing, because I would never buy a 3D printer without seeing a result. By the way I´m realy impressed by the quality of the prints, it is even better than I thought.
So if you all agree, then let us show what we can do with such a printer, this will help potential customers and maybe share some idears .........
Thanks for starting this thread, and thanks for doing a some promotion of the capabilities of the felixprinter. My posted part is not really usefull but still nice to print.
P4299820-001.JPG

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

mkh42 wrote:Hello

OK I will add also some practical stuff.
I'm interested in building robots. After my first version lawnmower robot is now three years old I decide to build a new one where all my experience i gathered with my first one should help to improve this new one.

Because since a few month I'm proud owner of a Felixprinter i certainly thought about to print the chassis of the new lawnmower robot.
The pictures attached show the main part of the chassis. It's not the final version but one I already can test with.

The dimension of the chassis is 23x19cm so it uses nearly the whole printer space in XY direction.

After the first tests I'm already very pleased with the wheels.

Hope you like it.

Greetings
mkh42
This looks awesome :), looking forward to the movies when it is operational.

black1q

Post by black1q »

....some other printed mechanical parts from me and my filament holder
Pict0024.jpg
Attachments
PICT0007.JPG

Kjetilei

Post by Kjetilei »

Even with some fine tuning remaining the results are nice.
Some of my printed parts
Some of my printed parts
New x-axis mount
New x-axis mount
Attachments
Adjusted version - not yet printed - with print support
Adjusted version - not yet printed - with print support

mcole254

Post by mcole254 »

Printed a filament holder. I used old longboard bearings.

Edit: Here are some pieces I printed for my current project. They were about a 13hr and just over 36hr prints respectfully.

Kjetilei

Post by Kjetilei »

@mcole254: Intersting! You've got my curiosity aroused. Would you mind telling us what the parts are for? I see a LOT of support material. I normally just add support structures in the model itself to have control on where the support goes and how much (little) support is added. You could also experiment with the support settings (which I have not bothered to do).

Kjetilei

Post by Kjetilei »

I have designed some printed parts for my new R/C tricopter (a "helicopter" with three electrical motors ). I'm not totally satisfied with my design but vacation is coming up soon and I wanted this up in the air.
Tricopter
Tricopter
I love how the tiltable yaw motor mount came together. The little white servo arm has more slop (due to the internal gears) than my assembly of printed parts and metal bolt/ball bearings and the servo itself fits really snuggly in the servo mount.
Tiltable yaw motor mount
Tiltable yaw motor mount
Besides the printed parts the tricopter mainly consists of wood rods covered with black tape and the motors/electronics.
Bottom plate
Bottom plate
Motor mount
Motor mount
It has been airborne for 15 seconds (was raining...) and I'm now finalizing the camera/transmitter for FPV (First person view = flying with googles receiving the picture from the camera in real time). It also needs protective feets that will either be printed or cut out of packaging material (EPP).

As a test I tried to add the battery straps while printing. It was successful (but totally unneeded) :) This "trick" can also be used to add totally enclosed nuts etc. Just pause the print and add the part at the correct moment (just before the encapsulating layer so the print head does not crash with the added part) and continue printing.
Printing with straps inlayed while printing
Printing with straps inlayed while printing
PS: sorry for the unfocused photos...