FELIX printable spare parts

In here you will find news posted officially by FELIXprinters.

Moderator: speedake95

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

FELIX printable spare parts

Post by gfeliksdal »

While the felixprinters are doing their job for some time now, we've gained experience which parts might break due to fatigue or due to a crash. This topic is intended to supply the gcode files for these parts. So, we recommend to print at least one spare part for the parts displayed in this topic just in case sir Murphy decides to get acquainted with your printer.
Fan airduct
Fan airduct
print_assy_5_F1_5_export.zip
fan airduct, sliced to print out on Felix 1.5
(734.08 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
print_assy_5_F1_5_export_0_1mm backlash.zip
fan airduct sliced to print out on Felix 1.0
(980.47 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
Extruder arm
Extruder arm
Extru_arm_v4_F_1_5_export.zip
Extruder arm of Felix 1.5
(176.55 KiB) Downloaded 236 times

stratogavster

Post by stratogavster »

Just tried printing the part twice...sadly both failed....the layers fail to stick and the part collapses :(

Tried printing at 197 degrees, both at 80% speed and 100%....it seems the walls are very very thin....practically transparent!! :(

Any advice to get a successful print of this gcode?

Few images.....as you can see....nothing like production parts!! and super thin I can see through it!!.....do I have a calibration issue?

I'm running from an SD card using normal Felix firmware but with LCD enabled
IMG_8427.JPG
IMG_8429.JPG
IMG_8430.JPG
IMG_8431.JPG

processware

Post by processware »

i was one of the misfortuned who had a busted airduct and asked for the gcode, so i happily print one and got it right the first time, and was pretty happy with the results, but if whe had the option to print in super quality they would even be better i think.

@stratogavster
in case of your print, i think it's the distance from the nozzle to the bed, i had a realy hard time and a lot of test pieces to get this right, but i think there is only one expert here ;)

stratogavster

Post by stratogavster »

Wish I knew how you got your print to work!!!

My start distance form the bed is not an issue for me....I get parts coming off the machine with the absolute correct Z height so i'm sure this is configured correctly. Also have measured the first layer height based on the slicing strategy and this comes back perfect.

I feel I may have a disparity between the reported temperature of the hot-end and the real temperature which is contributing to the issues...but have used an array of temperatures in the past didn't yield massive changes....so i'm ignoring those for now and sticking with an average / default.

Otherwise I cant see any further logic to improve the situation....????

It's obvious the each new layer is not overlapping the previous layer enough, hence it's not bonding and falling off....but again this is a function of temperature and speed.....of which i've left at the default in the hope they are proven values.

Perhaps I have a more deeply rooted calibration issue whereby the extruded bead is thinner than expected from my machine, thus not working in harmony with the X, Y positional change.....and perhaps my other issues of dimensional disparities may be linked with this.....meaning the target for extrusion location is being missed.....and over the course of the angle of the overhang of the part this is becoming an compounded issue......and ultimate part meltdown :(

Maybe a steps/mm calibration issue?

(this might account for other dimensional issues i've had)

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

@stratogavster, seems like the temp is too hot or it could be that the layers not align very well. I've included a sliced file with 0.1mm backlash compensation in both directions in the first post. That helped me sometimes with Felix 1.0. To be sure it is not a thermistor issue, could you check if the temp at cold start is approx the same as the heated bed? +/- 2 deg?

stratogavster

Post by stratogavster »

Cool will give the new file a go!

On startup in my cold home both temp sensors read 18 degrees

stratogavster

Post by stratogavster »

Tried the new file....good news!!...it works!!

99% perfect :)
1.jpg
2.jpg

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

@stratogavster: glad to hear it worked out.

Sündi

Post by Sündi »

Is it possible to get the Extru_base_V9_1_5 file, because mine is bent towards the bed because of to high tmperature on the bed. :shock:

killejano

Post by killejano »

Any chance of having the codes for the 1.5 electronics box. Both the base and the cover in my printer was printed with too low temp it seems as the broke apart in several places. The work for now and I could assemble my printer but it would be nice to print new ones.