Extruder v4 faillure, resolving the issue with E3D v6!!

General discussions regarding hardware
Eli-Audio

Re: Extruder v4 faillure, resolving the issue with E3D v6!!

Post by Eli-Audio »

So I finally managed to get the E3D extruder onto the printer!

After trying to get the second felix V4 extruder mounted for dual extrusion printing, I broke a fan because the parts were not lining up right, so I threw the whole carriage to the side and mounted satours E3D Carriage, just about to print a firt test!
photo_preview_featured.jpg
EDIT: After setting the temp_sensor_type to 8 in configuration.h, set the nozzle width to 0,4 in the printer settings, and a little fight with setting the Bowden feeder at the right tension we're up and running! Printing the short LED leg, another one of Satoers Addons to the Felix!! very good indeed...

Sofar I like the E3D, it took les time to setup then the original extruder, and it's running 10 minutes after I installed it!

Eli-Audio

Post by Eli-Audio »

satoer wrote:Upgrade to a peek-less hot-end:
So I did, and I must say that the first print I did was good for a first print! I'll need to figure out the new flow rate settings and best temperatures again, I see more loose wiring between parts and skinny layer fills so I'll have to do some more testing!

Satoer, care to unvail your settings for repetier and your slicers?

satoer

Post by satoer »

Well... if you didn't change the Felix pinion on the extruder stepper, and choose the same hole-diameter on the E3D hot-end. There's not a lot different than the Felix settings. I just use a higher temperature. Also you can use a higher retraction setting. I've had problems with the Felix hot-end retraction: There is a miscule rim between the Peek and aluminium. If you retract too much it frequently got jammed on this rim. The E3D has no rim, so you can use a higher retraction setting => Less oozing.
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

Eli-Audio

Post by Eli-Audio »

I didn't think of buying the same nozzle-width, I took wat was standard, 0.4, and 0.8 foor woodfill or flexibels. But then all it would take is to set the nozzle width in printer setting, Cura takes these setting from there...

It's only that oozing/stringing that I've got to get rid of now, I've set the sensor type to 8, and this seems to work, but can't tell for sure.

satoer

Post by satoer »

How bigger the hole diameter, the bigger the oozing. Experiment with the retraction settings in the slicer, this should resolve most of the oozing. Use the highest retraction speed possible (without skipping steps of course)

With a bigger hole diameter you should also adjust the "Nozzle diameter" settings in the slicer. Also, some slicers have an "Extrusion width" setting that needs to be calibrated with the new nozzle. The stringing tent's to happen on higher temperatures but personally I don't care much about the stringing. I use a hard brush to wipe it off.
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

Eli-Audio

Post by Eli-Audio »

Her are some picture of the latest print.
Attachments
FullSizeRender-02.jpg
FullSizeRender-01.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

seaton

Post by seaton »

Quality of the print looks fantastic Eli-Audio. I must admit I'm loving the E3D V6 head myself on the Felix. My thoughts is they should come standard with the Felix.

What resolution did you have set to?
Stephen...

Felix 2.0 -> Felix 3.0 dual
Simplify3D Slicer, Kisslicer
Have you added your Felix to the Map? http://goo.gl/maps/HajnZ

http://blog.strobotics.com.au

alanh

Post by alanh »

Eli-Audio wrote:Her are some picture of the latest print.
That looks amazing.

Which slicer and settings did you use ???