Printer stops during printing

Jaanus

Printer stops during printing

Post by Jaanus »

I bought 2.0 since year ago and now I have a problem with it - let's say it is big issue :)
During printing at long time - let's say that over 2 or more hours, it just stops physicly. All of the steppers are stopped but software shows that it runs still.
All day long, today, I read from forum and tryied to find out some solution for my trouble but I didn't found any, reasonable solution.
Also, during printing, I noticed that none of the led of the "home" sensors did not burn?! Does it possible for my problem? Is it possible that those sensors doesn't work anymore and they will affect for printing? How can I resolve my problem as fast as possible? Also, let's say that I checked out connections on circuit board and on sensors itself, also cabels, seems in good condition.
If anyone can resolve my problem, or can give me some good advice, I'll be very grateful and happiest FP user in Estonia :)
And finally, I found many good tips for FP builders/users too (some other topics I will describe this tips and tricks).

aladar

Post by aladar »

I just bought a 3.1, and I experienced the same issue. Did you ever figure out what was the root cause?
Thanks,
aladar

satoer

Post by satoer »

Try to use a USB cable without ferrite cores. Solved my communication problems.
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

aladar

Post by aladar »

I realized that the extruder was causing the issue, should not assemble as in the assembly instructions, I needed to separate the heating cables from the temperature measuring cables and the print never ever stopped again.

But I'll keep in my mind if any comm issue comes up to check with a different USB cable.

Thanks

PS: now I have a different and big problem ... opening a new topic for it