Switching Vanes/Opto-Sensor

Help eachother out with assembly problems.
evanr

Switching Vanes/Opto-Sensor

Post by evanr »

Hi All,

I just finished assembling the printer.
All seems fine but one thing doesn't seem to look OK, could be wrong.

The switching vanes, I presume, are suppose to be in between the sensors on the opto-sensors ?
But the switching vanes on all axis actually hit the sensor.... this doesn't seem right.

Here is a picture...... any ideas?

thanks,
Evan
Attachments
Y-Axis switching vane hits opto-sensor.
Y-Axis switching vane hits opto-sensor.

satoer

Post by satoer »

Yep, they shouldn't hit the sensor. Just re-align the sensor in a more optimal position. Don't forget to blind the vanes. (with some aluminum paper or tip-ex.)
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

jpquintero

Post by jpquintero »

Hello,
I have finnished the hardware assembly right now and I plugged the USB cable for the first time. The lights of opto sensors are turned on in the three axis, but nothing happens when moving the respective vanes. Is it supposed the lights of the opto must go out when I do that? Any idea?
thanks to everybody

satoer

Post by satoer »

Yes they should go out. Have you blinded the vanes like I said in the post above you? the translucency of the pla shines trough and prohibit the opto sensor to work correctly. What happens if you put a piece of metal like a knife inside the opto-sensor?

jpquintero

Post by jpquintero »

Thanks for the post
I tried every thing! Indeed I put a piece of black cardboard (opaque) in the vanes and nothing happend, the three red lights continue turned on...

jpquintero

Post by jpquintero »

SOLVED!! the cables were wrong! I had followed the assembly instructions matching the colors as showed in the pictures, but the componet I have received is different!! and the ground terminal (black cable) is in different position than in the pictures. I made the shift and it works!!!!

satoer

Post by satoer »

That's weird. Did they changed the pcb design !?

jpquintero

Post by jpquintero »

Indeed yes

rmerrick

Post by rmerrick »

and they got the VCC voltage wrong too. The Opto VCC is powered from 12V through a resistor. Totally stuffs the photo transistor output. Take all 3 opto VCC wires and connect to the power supply 5V terminal. Then all the leds will work correctly and you will get clean switching.
IF you got a red unit then the IR beam goes straight through the red plastic. Print replacement grey or black parts as soon as you can.