Excessive Spamming

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

kerog

Excessive Spamming

Post by kerog »

Is there anything we can do? I see some other forums require the moderator to approve the first few posts of any new members. I'm sick of wading through Nike posts.

Makron

Post by Makron »

I was away for a while, cleaned up now.

Plz keep reporting them , makes it easyer to delete them.

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

Hi indeed very annoying the guy who is spamming this forum. I've got the Q and A as spambot countermeasure. This cannot be solved by a computer normally, so there must be a person doing this manually. Now I've switched back to recaptcha, but it is not perfect. There is fortunately a function to delete a lot of users and their posts at once. Otherwise about 100 accounts had to be deleted manually.

GGO

Post by GGO »

Hi Guillaume,
FYI:
I have been one of the spam reporters (GGY).
Unfortunately, I guess as a result of the spam reporting, I have also been banned from the forum. Kind of disappointing really!
I had to re register with a new user name (GGO) to access the forum.
Of course all forum followers having questions regarding my past (GGY) posts will not get an answer. If possible reinstate GGY, thanks.
Note: I have received re activation links from the administrator... it does not work
Regards GGY now GGO

jjlink

Post by jjlink »

Hi, we had the same or worse spam issues on another forum (http://myimiev.com/) and the solution was to appoint some volunteer forum users as moderators just for the purpose of dealing with the spam. I am one of these volunteer moderators on that forum so I can tell this solution works very well while looking for a technical solution.
Felix 3.0 with E3D Dual direct drive extruder conversion. (http://forum.felixprinters.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1630)
Software: simplify3d

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

@GGY, your account wasn't deleted, it should work now. sorry for the inconvenience