Brand new table bent out of the box

Tomas

Brand new table bent out of the box

Post by Tomas »

Hi,

I posted on these forums about 7 months ago and never got a reply from support or anyone.
Firstly, I bought the Felix 3.0 printer back in june of last year and have had non-stop issues with it.

Heater Cartridge and Z-Axis motor both failed and then the printing bed ended up bent and will not receive printed material without it peeling off mid-print, Since I did not receive a reply from Felix Printers in the 7 months since I posted I just bought a new table and motor with a heater element and kapton tape.

The new printer table came out of the box with two of the mounting bolts rammed up through the table top and the whole thing is bent by a millimeter and a half, I am unable to perform prints of even 250 micron detail as they just peel off the surface due to the uneven plate.

I have checked and checked again and the damage on the new plate is actually visible once the kapton tape was applied.

I desperately need these parts replaced as having bought a second table with the EXACT same issue right out of the box before I even got the chance to plug the power in is ridiculous.

The new Z-axis motor is performing perfectly but the original heater cartridge, motor and the now-Two tables are all broken before I got the chance to use them.

Please get back to me soon.

Regards,
Tomas

Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Let me rephrase that, the new parts I did not get to print with, the original parts worked long enough to get a couple minor jobs done before every time was a catastrophic failure. No amount of table leveling or calibration will fix it, It's quite distressing.

agentmulder

Post by agentmulder »

Not that you should have to (you might expect that your original post could/should suffice), but did you email Felix directly?

You'd think that if continuing sales are your goal (at the least to simply facilitate your interest in developing a printer) it's not a good business practice leaving customer complaints unanswered in a public forum.

But then, maybe there is more to this story ?

I had both excess parts and unfortunately parts missing from my initial delivery - after a few emails, a weeks wait and what I can only conclude would be nothing but sunk cost for Felix they were sent my way ...