3.1 upgrade, Fan Assembly

Help eachother out with assembly problems.
DocMooney

3.1 upgrade, Fan Assembly

Post by DocMooney »

Working on the upgrade (dual 3.0 to dual 3.1), and step 49a ( in the 3.1 assembly manual) is a problem...

The thickness of the frame seems to allow attaching the fans in only one way, which is not the way pictured. To have the bolt into the nut, I would have to warp the fan shroud. Am I missing something?
Attachments
Connected the 'wrong' way...
Connected the 'wrong' way...
Connected the 'right' way...
Connected the 'right' way...

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

Hello DocMooney,

Did you see the manual on page 20?
http://www.felixprinters.com/downloads/ ... IX_3.1.pdf

That is where it is explained how to assemble it. I hope that is clear enough.

DocMooney

Post by DocMooney »

Yep.. (hence the reference to step 49a)

The assembly showing in the images I attached was just while I was trying to figure it out and take the images.

The side the nut goes on seems to be the thicker side, leading the bolt to be of inadequate length unless you 'collapse' the shroud around the fan. DOes that make sense?

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

I think I know what you mean. THere is a slot between the fan and the shroud, the height of this fits best only one way.
2015-09-01_080928.png

DocMooney

Post by DocMooney »

The one you have labelled as correct (which I suspected was the case), can't get the nut on the bolt (see the attached image *04). If you compare the two bolt on the side closest to the camera, the bolt is simply not long enough to reach beyond the plastic frame. I could compress the shroud, eliminating the gap between the shroud and the fan. This seems incorrect, however. Is there supposed to be a longer bolt?
Attachments
20150903_074904.jpg