Printed Replacement Parts

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

mcole254

Printed Replacement Parts

Post by mcole254 »

As I was attempting to raise the bed temp to print with abs, I have somehow managed to soften some of the extruder base parts and they have now warped where I can no longer print with them.
I was wondering how I can go about obtaining replacements for them. The following parts have warped:
Extru_base_v7
Extru_base_pt2_v4
Extru_base_pt3

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

I don't understand how this could have happened. How hot did you manage to get the bed?

mcole254

Post by mcole254 »

That's the thing, I was never actually able to get it to the recommended 110 degrees, ~90 I think is as high as I got. I tried to enclosing it to keep the outside air from cooling it, I'm guessing that in conjuncture with it being close to the extruder is what did it. I had the extruder on as well so maybe the combined heat from both?

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

The bed is not able to reach 110 degrees, The 90 degrees will be the max for the current setup.The surface is too large and therefor cools too much. I'm not able to put more power into the bed, because the electronics board will then burn. I'm working on a solution for that to have a more efficient heater. Did you cover the complete printer, or just the bed? It would surprise me if the parts would reach 60 degrees when they are not covered. I'll send you replacements, please send me your address via the mail.

HLA

Post by HLA »

Just a guess: maybe it was the extruder that got too hot resulting in your plastic parts melting. If you were trying to print with ABS, than this is possible...