printer stops during printing

Pellino

printer stops during printing

Post by Pellino »

Hi guys,

I am new to the group although I have a Felix-printer for a couple of years now. I always used it for sampling, but I am trying to build up production with the printer.
I have a Felix 1.5 printer and I use Repetier Host V1.0.6 and I slice with Slic3r.

I recently received an urgent order for 16 products with a printing time of 6 hours each. The first 11 products it printed perfectly, then I got 4 products that had a thin spot on one side. This occured at approx. 230 of the full 289 layers, so I decided to load the G-code again. No improvement so I decided to clean the nozzle, although the rest of the sides of the product were good.
I switched off the computer and printer (that had been switched on non-stop since the start of the printing). I switched them on the next day and reloaded the G-code and it printed 2 more products and from that moment I don't seem to get a single product printed. It constantly stops somewhere during printing. Sometimes at line 97, 134 or 158. Looks like random order.

I restarted computer and printer a couple of times, I made sure no other electrical devices were on during printing. I even disconnected the computer from Internet, as I thought the hick-up might occur due to upgrades the computer found.

I lost about 0,5 kg of material due to stopped production and I ran out of options. Is there somebody out there that can help me out, because this way I am really fed up with this printer?

Thanks for your help. BR. Jeroen

satoer

Post by satoer »

What does the computer say when the print is failing? Is there a communication error?
Did you replace the USB cable? In my experience USB cables with Ferrite cores (those cylinders on the cable) gave me communication errors.
Add a display + SD card reader and try to print from SD:
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/12864-LCD-Displa ... SwQPlV8~Pn
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

Pellino

Post by Pellino »

satoer wrote:What does the computer say when the print is failing? Is there a communication error?
Did you replace the USB cable? In my experience USB cables with Ferrite cores (those cylinders on the cable) gave me communication errors.
Add a display + SD card reader and try to print from SD:
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/12864-LCD-Displa ... SwQPlV8~Pn
Thanks for your constructive answer, Satoer.
According to the printer it is still printing, only nothing happens. So there are no signs that a communication problem occured. I can try another USB-cable, but I can't explain why the printer works fine for a couple of days and then all of a sudden, not at all anymore.
I will definitely consider printing from SD-card. Thanks again for your reply.