Extruder wheel and L-shape bracket 3.1. dual

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

Brico

Extruder wheel and L-shape bracket 3.1. dual

Post by Brico »

Hi
it's about the 3.1. dual extruder:
the M3x4 screw that hold the extruder wheel (pulley) on the motor is too long. The motor can not turn as the screw touches the L-shaped bracket (assembly step 44 and following). Once the screw is in place, it has to be filed down flat before mounting the L-shaped bracket.

kerog

Post by kerog »

Brico wrote:Hi
it's about the 3.1. dual extruder:
the M3x4 screw that hold the extruder wheel (pulley) on the motor is too long. The motor can not turn as the screw touches the L-shaped bracket (assembly step 44 and following). Once the screw is in place, it has to be filed down flat before mounting the L-shaped bracket.
Did you adjust the position of the pulley so the screw was going against the flat part of the shaft? I could see what you're describing happen if you were inserting against the round part.

Brico

Post by Brico »

Hi Kerog
thank's, but yes, the screw got aligned to the flat part. It's not the first printer I assemble.

kerog

Post by kerog »

Brico wrote:Hi Kerog
thank's, but yes, the screw got aligned to the flat part. It's not the first printer I assemble.
Well, I assembled two Felix 3.1 upgrades and didn't have any problem with either...