Latest V1.5 version X-axis problem

Help eachother out with assembly problems.
daveinhull

Latest V1.5 version X-axis problem

Post by daveinhull »

Hi,

I just got my new V1.5 printer last week and have been buiilding it over the weeked. All has gone well and I'm now putting together the x-axis, up to page 22 of the Version 1 - 20-Oct-2012 instruction manaual. I've built the x-axis motor mount and rail and moutned the extruder ok.

However the instruction manaual talks about 2 printed parts for the x-axis belt mount (last picture on page 22) but taking away the y-axis parts the only two parts I have left do not resemble the parts in the picture (see picture attached). I can see how the larger part could be used for the x-axis belt mount and maybe even how it would fit to the frame but I'm not sure about the other part or indeed how to fix the bearing as the gap is wider than the bearing and washers.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Many thanks
Dave
Picture of parts from manual page 22, parts I have left and possible belt mount and bearing
Picture of parts from manual page 22, parts I have left and possible belt mount and bearing

Kjetilei

Post by Kjetilei »

Hi daveinhull and welcome to the forums :)

Please see first post in this thread for details about the x-belt mount: NEW: FELIX 1.5 (user manual, information and upgrades)

I seem to remember that the other remaining part was used earlier to secure the power supply to the extrusion but I think it has been superseeded by the newest versions of the electronics box.

daveinhull

Post by daveinhull »

Many thanks Kjetilei,

I've taken a look at the thread you've suggested and just by looking at the parts this is what I did actually end up working out.

However, if I go with large washer, small washer, bearing, small washer, large washer there is a lot of play (maybe 3 to 4 mm) within the printed part - does this matter or does it just find ist own position while operating?

Thanks
Dave

Kjetilei

Post by Kjetilei »

As I haven't printed this part yet I'm uncertain if it is a problem or not. Guillaume should be able to answer this.

You could use a couple of small washers on the outside of the large washers to stabilize the bearing.

dognotdog

Post by dognotdog »

Play is not a problem. The other part has probably broken off from the electronics enclosure.

daveinhull

Post by daveinhull »

Hi dognotdog,

I've just realised this while working on the power supply; yes it has broken of, very thin part. So I've glued it for the time being and hopefully, if needed, I can always print another one when the printer is finished :-).

Also thanks for the advise on the x-axis play. I added two extra small washers and when the nut was tightened it all went very snug.

Thanks
Dave