Is your bed really flat?

ErikL

Is your bed really flat?

Post by ErikL »

When I bought my felix 3.1 printer the included heatbed was not flat at all. It was bent pretty bad, so felixprinters replaced it. The second bed I received today. It's better but still not flat. I can't do the Y-direction calibration because it touches the nozzle in the middle while not touching it on the sides. Felixprinters is going to send me a 3rd one in the next days, so I cross my fingers, hoping this one will really be flat so I can start my first test-print soon!

But I'm now starting to wonder if I'm just having really bad luck? Or are there more people here who have or had a bed that's not flat?

ErikL

Post by ErikL »

Also, a totally different question: qoes your electronics cover read "felix 3.0" too, while you have ordered a 3.1 printer?
It seems like I received the 3.0 printer and an upgrade to 3.1 but the electronics box/cover still reads 3.0

janwijbrand

Post by janwijbrand »

ErikL wrote:But I'm now starting to wonder if I'm just having really bad luck? Or are there more people here who have or had a bed that's not flat?
I don't have any other Felix printer to compare to, but the bed on mine (Felix 3.1) seems reasonably flat. Still, bed-leveling is a cumbersome job and I have the feeling there's more precision to gain still in my case.
Felix 3.1 single extruder, soon to be Tec 4 dual

janwijbrand

Post by janwijbrand »

ErikL wrote:Also, a totally different question: qoes your electronics cover read "felix 3.0" too, while you have ordered a 3.1 printer?
It seems like I received the 3.0 printer and an upgrade to 3.1 but the electronics box/cover still reads 3.0
Yes, the cover says "3.0" too in my case.
Felix 3.1 single extruder, soon to be Tec 4 dual

venkel

Post by venkel »

I measured mine to have a hollow middle of 0,05mm. So I ordered another one, to be able to try and make the first one flat. Second build plate is a little wavy, but about the same 0,05mm flatness.
I haven't found a way to make them flat. Probably it will require sanding on a glass plate, but it might be a hell of a job.