Starting to get there with SFACT slicer

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

daveinhull

Starting to get there with SFACT slicer

Post by daveinhull »

Hi,

So I've downloaded the latest Repetier and have now started to get some reasonable prints from the profiles. Just one quick question, can anyone tell me what is causing the filement to lift during the first layer - is the head too far away (its about the thickness of a piece of paper), bed to cold, filement too hot?

Many thanks
Dave
Attachments
Print Problem.jpg
Print Problem.jpg (72.14 KiB) Viewed 359 times

Kjetilei

Post by Kjetilei »

It could be the distance, impurities in the hot end, temperature of the bed, not clean enough surface or a combination.
I try to use one layer height distance from the hotend tip to the hotbed. You could try a little bit lower than that to squeeze the filament down to the hot bed.

daveinhull

Post by daveinhull »

Thanks Kjetilei, will give those a try.

Dave

Kjetilei

Post by Kjetilei »

Try to start with the easiest fixes:
1. Do you have Scotch Blue painters tape available to use on the bed (you can also rub it slightly with sand paper for even bette adhesion)? I tried a couple of times with Kapton in the beginning but did not have "the right stuff" to wipe it properly clean and never got good adhesion.
2. Try to lower the hot end until it practically touches the filament being extruded resulting in a nice L-bend of the filament instead of a curved bend.

(You could also try with a raft to see if everything works nicely then - unless you can't stand the raft pattern on printed parts like me ;))