Common problems/Tips and tricks

Moderator: speedake95

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Re: Common problems/Tips and tricks

Post by gfeliksdal »

Another reason could be that the extruder arm is broken or not properly tensioned.

concar

Post by concar »

It was the broken extruder arm.. now it prints well again. Thx for the tipp

whiteelephant

Post by whiteelephant »

Has anyone encountered problems with the bottom layers curling up from the heated bed? I'm printing at 195° with the bed set to 55°.

fesch

Post by fesch »

Yes, I've got that a few times but did not find any cause.

First I supposed the second extruder to be lower that the first one and thus hitting the bottom layer, but taking a closer look at it, this was not the cause.

I next supposed the bed not to be leveled well, but later on I just tried to print the faulty element again and then I didn't happen a second time. So - at least for me - it seams to happen "randomly" ... which I know can't be, but for now it's that :-/

Jaanus

Post by Jaanus »

Guys, I think that I found the main reason for this trouble. I had also this kind on trouble and I found the solution for this trouble - I had none of this kind of trouble anymore, at all. So, when the hot-end heats up the nozzle then the hole in PEEK insulation getting smaller. I think that it has too accurate hole, and I just drilled it little bit bigger - I drilled it to 2,5mm at first, later I did new one, and drilled 2,25...2,3 mm hole.
Because I had many issues in hot-end in the beginning, I made many different type of hot-ends and final version of my none-issues hot-end is in here - https://grabcad.com/library/extruder-fo ... nter-2-0-1

Jaanus

Post by Jaanus »

Why the filament does not stick onto bed? Just clen it with acetone when it 40...50 degrees - I clean the bed once after 4 or 8 printing time and I do not have any problem with not-sticking. Also I found that I do not have to change kapton so often at all - 1 roll for year is quite enough. :)

emdash

Post by emdash »

I clean the bed with rubbing alcohol (70%), myself. It seems to do the job of removing the smudges from my grubby fingers. Acetone is over-kill.

whiteelephant

Post by whiteelephant »

Jaanus wrote:Why the filament does not stick onto bed? Just clen it with acetone when it 40...50 degrees - I clean the bed once after 4 or 8 printing time and I do not have any problem with not-sticking. Also I found that I do not have to change kapton so often at all - 1 roll for year is quite enough. :)
It's not a matter of the filament not sticking to the bed. The filament is actually curling up from the bed. After a few layers the print head hits it and knocks it out of alignment.

satoer

Post by satoer »

Make sure the bed is tightly calibrated. even 0,2mm out of alignment is a complete layer height. Then, while printing the first layer, adjust the Z spindle (Just push it through the steps) that it really smudges the first layer into the bed. If it’s still curling, buy these stickers for a way better adhesion:
http://forum.felixprinters.com/viewtopi ... 270&p=1994 (only PLA)
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

Eli-Audio

Post by Eli-Audio »

I've been printing mostly ABS on my new 3.0 printer, and I had some bed-adhesion problems at first too! Corners warping upwards etc...

I use the Kapton sheet that came with the printer, heat the bed upto 100 degrees celcius, and aply a thin layer of ABS slurry (abs and acetone)... Now I've got problems getting the parts off rather than getting them to stick! :lol: