Please can I have the profile that created this???

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

daveinhull

Please can I have the profile that created this???

Post by daveinhull »

Hi,

So, what a day - had a major head crash today which destroyed the air duct - because of poor printing - just cannot get SFACT to work right, have tried everything. Each time I go back to Slic3r, I get reasonable prints but potentially not as good as with SFACT (when it works).

I had all these test print failures, using all kinds of settings (although I'm not convinced changing a profile has any effect :( ) And, what’s with the start g-code seeming to overwrite anything that is in the profile - temperature up, then down, then up - driving me crazy .....

Any (I've calmed down now) I went onto the forum and found the g-code for the air duct (which is available because apparently it can get destroyed...hmmmmm). Loaded the code and got an almost perfect print.....well for me so far at least.
AD1.jpg
AD2.jpg
AD3.jpg
So, please, a very big please, can I have the profile that was used to produce the air duct g-code available on the first post? If nothing else my stress level will come back down :)

Thanks
Dave

hvdd

Post by hvdd »

Calm down Dave -not good - it's a hobby - :)
sorry but i think that because the file for the airduct is a Gcode file and you do'nt need a profile.
i downloaded it and printed it without problems, no retries.

a Gcode file must not be sliced is aready sliced, you can just play with temperature and printspeed.
or am i completely wrong ?

daveinhull

Post by daveinhull »

Hi hvdd,

lol, calm now :D

Yes I now it is a g-code file and doesn't need slicing, but, it must have started life as an .stl file and been 'sliced' at some point with a profile - its the profile I'm after so I can slice .stl files of my own.

Dave

satoer

Post by satoer »

I'm almost sure its one of the "production" templates that came with the Felix.
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

yep it's the production profile 4_2_production exterior support + raft. Have you installed the latest 0.83 repetier-host version on my website? There was a bug accordign to repetier, which indeed added some start commands at the print. It should be removed now. Please download it again, uninstall old version remove left over files in C:\Users\[Your user account]\AppData\Local\RepetierHostFELIXPrinters and reinstall new one.

daveinhull

Post by daveinhull »

Thanks for the feedback. I actually worked out that there was some start commands which changed temperatures etc so went in to the g-doce editor and deleted them - but still wasn't getting any good results with the normal profile - will clean everything out and reinstall and try with the production profile.

Thanks again