Electronics II: Measuring wires

Help eachother out with assembly problems.
twicx

Electronics II: Measuring wires

Post by twicx »

Hey again,
Ok so this time i have a problem that I cant figure out. I'm just starting the wiring part. I'm currently at the 1st opto. When i take the set of 3 cables that goes from ramps, up through the frame, and then around to the opto, what's the best way for me to figure out where to cut them. At the moment, for access, I have the table near the top. When I run the cable up and across, I could trim about 5-6cm off the end to make it neat, but, what happens when the table is at the bottom? Is there a good way to work out how much I should cut if any?
Cheers again,
Neil

satoer

Post by satoer »

Well, you need to make sure there's enough cable length for the table in the top and bottom position. Make the cable leave the frame in the middle of the top and bottom position.
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

twicx

Post by twicx »

That is perfection in itself! Thanks buddy! Very nice cable tidy too!

one final question before I wire this all up. I cut off the "big clip" and heatshrunk the relevant wires, except for the 2xblack and 2xred, and later, the black and the yellow (so i now have 3 black, 2 red and 1 yellow. These can be tidied up later as necessary, I'm just being cautious!) However, there's another clip that I'm not sure about. I've a photo, and yes, I know the wiring is all over the place.

That's a smaller clip, around half the size, of the bigger clip. I flicked on forward in the instructions, and it doesn't seem to be needed. Does that also need to be clipped and heatshrunk?

satoer

Post by satoer »

I Can't remember If I had that connector on my powersupply. nevertheless, why don't you short-cut the unused wires after you've confirmed everything is working?
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix