Calibration: Motor obstruction!

Help eachother out with assembly problems.
twicx

Calibration: Motor obstruction!

Post by twicx »

Hey again,
So I'm just on the calibration section of the manual. I've moved the Z-axis up to meet the extruder, and I've hit a bit of a problem. I can get it to within about 2.5-3mm of the extruder, but then I hit a problem.

Ok, so when I move it up as close as it will go (by my measurement, 2.75mm of the extruder nozzle) it can't get any closer because the top of the motor for the Y-Axis is in the way. The top of the Y axis motor, as it moves up, eventually just makes contact with the bottom corner of the X axis motor. Now they only just barely touch, but it's enough to prevent the Z axis going any higher. You can just see it on the right of this picture:

I've also tried moving the bed itself a bit higher, ie, loosening the nuts and keeping it level, but if i loosen it any further, it'll come off. I'm sure there's a simpler solution.
Cheers again,
Neil

satoer

Post by satoer »

Well, you're not the only one with this problem over here. I've seen some solutions on the forum.
Mine solution was to sand about a mm from the motor bracket.

Other solutions are:
- Saw the top axel from the Y motor
- Move the Z sliding bearing a tiny bit to the right (but keep it parallel to the Z beam)
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

twicx

Post by twicx »

I can get good enough access to the top axel of the y motor that I could file it down enough. It probably needs 1-2mm for the extruder nozzle to be able to touch the bed. There's a good 5mm from the top of the axel to the threadded bit. I'll give that a go.

Yet again satoer, you've come to my rescue. Cheers buddy!