Plug in the powersupply and... nothing.

Help eachother out with assembly problems.
twicx

Re: Plug in the powersupply and... nothing.

Post by twicx »

Getting closer!! I increased the temperature to 205, and the tension and stepper motor power. It'll now print maybe 2 or 3 layers? Its almost as if the filament isn't feeding. Would it make a difference if I changed things like the print speed or flowrate? I don't think I've missed anything in the instructions.

twicx

Post by twicx »

AAAAWWW YEAH!!!

So, incase someone else has the same problem as me at a later stage, here's what I did.
1. Firstly, I put it to super-starter configuration, ie, the motor for the extruder at the minimum (as per the manual - a quarter turn on the pot), the tension on the M4 at the side of the extruder to very loose, and matched all the settings in Repetier host to that in the manual.
2. Test print - no luck.
3. Tightened the M4 nut 1 turn at a time, repeat test print.
4. Bit by bit, more and more layers would print. I ended up having to have the M4 nut pretty tight, but, it prints very nicely now.

In conclusion, the suggestions that people on here make to solve your issues are spot on, and they are super helpful. So yet again, thanks to all the help.

As far as the whole what-to-print-next, I've had a really rough week in college, so I'm back home for the weekend, with my printer in my student accomodation. I've some architecture work to do this weekend, so hopefuly next week I'll be able to print some architecture stuff. Needless to say, I'm very excited! Looks like it's all working anyway, and I can't wait to get into it!

satoer

Post by satoer »

Yessss! Looks good. Just a bit z wobble.
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

twicx

Post by twicx »

yeah I noticed that too, but, it's not that bad as far as z-wobble goes. I think it probably needs just a little tweaking, as per http://www.felixprinters.com/forum/view ... f=7&t=2#p2 . When I go back down to my apartment, I'm going to have a go at printing a few other pieces. I'm going to have a quick look around here first to see if there's any recommendations on which profiles should be used for certain types of objects. I'm sure there's some sort of guide.