Very Sensitive Electronics

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

daveinhull

Very Sensitive Electronics

Post by daveinhull »

Hi,

Just a quick survey; anybody else notice how sensitive the electronics are to electrical noise.

I've noticed on a 3 occasions that switching a desk light on/off or plugging in something in on the same dual socket as the printer while it’s printing has just caused it to stop and hand.

Anybody else seen this?

Dave

satoer

Post by satoer »

I haven't noticed this myself, but the manual did mentioned this could happen if the wiring isn't neatly done. How is your wiring?
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

hvdd

Post by hvdd »

is your system grounded ?
i did'nt have or had problems....

daveinhull

Post by daveinhull »

Hi,

Thanks for the replies - looks like it might just be my system :(
hvdd wrote:is your system grounded ?
i did'nt have or had problems....
Yes, if you through the power cord - standard UK twin and earth - did you mean in some other way?
satoer wrote:I haven't noticed this myself, but the manual did mentioned this could happen if the wiring isn't neatly done. How is your wiring?
I think I've done a reasonably good job on the wiring (pictures attached) - the wiring is tidy enough to very easily fit into the box with room to spare (maybe its too tidy!).
Wires2.JPG
Wires1.JPG
It's not a big issues as I just need to remember not to mess around with kit plugged into the same socket - thanks for the replies.

Dave

dognotdog

Post by dognotdog »

Seems really strange that that should happen. Unless the wiring in the UK is significantly worse than I think :)

Also, the ATX power supply is generally pretty good at filtering out glitches on the high voltage side.

However, the USB connection might be a weak point, a long cable or just dirty plug can be a problem. You might want to wire the PS to supply 5V to the Arduino directly.

daveinhull

Post by daveinhull »

Hi dognotdog,

UK wiring, well maybe especially considering the radial system we use :o

Yes I would have thought the power supply would have been good at the high voltage side.

I'll check the USB cable although I'm using the one that came in the kit althguh I'm going through a hub.

Many thanks
Dave