3D printer meetup

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

Kjetilei

3D printer meetup

Post by Kjetilei »

My local Makerspace arranged a 3D printer meetup last weekend.

I brought along my Felix, which had company by a Makerbot Thing-O-Matic and a Botmill 3D printer.

It was a really nice meeting. 25 people attended and many of them spent a good amount of time listening to me telling about the Felix and 3D printing in general. 5 hours disappeared in an instant :)

The interest for the Felix totally overshadowed the Makerbot and the Botmill and it received a lot of great feedback for the construction.

One of the attendants also brought along a really big part printed on an Objet printer (you can see a tiny part of it on the bottom photo up in the left corner (opposite corner if rotated correctly)). As you might know, the Objet printers produce objects with really nice quality.

I have linked two photos of the Felix shamelessly "stolen" from the meet up photo gallery :)

Note: this photo shows correctly through the link below.

A couple of more photos.

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

Hi Kjetil,

Thanks for posting this :)...Must be a lot of fun joining a meetup. Great to hear people liked the printer. Your dual extruder also looks awesome :)

Kjetilei

Post by Kjetilei »

Hi Guillaume,

It was great fun to join the Makerspace. I'll be hosting a Sketchup learning session soon and we'll also look into laser cutters.

Thanks for the nice feedback on the dual extruder. It is working very nicely (although I haven't had the time to fine tune it for actual dual extrusion).