MIN TEMP triggered - problems with thermocouples

Discussions about the electronics
markus_kyroe

MIN TEMP triggered - problems with thermocouples

Post by markus_kyroe »

Hey Guys,

I have tried to use ABS for the last couple of weeks. About 2 weeks ago I got this error:
Extruder switched off. MINTEMP triggered !
Error:Printer stopped deu to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart!. (Temperature is reset. Set it before restarting)
Error:No Checksum with line number, Last Line:101
The thermocouples on the nozzle only measured around 3 C. I detached the thermocouples from the nozzle and was able to get the measurements up to 10 - 15 C in the palm of my hand and was able to start the printer (but it made no sense with no thermocouples on the nozzle). So I had to mount a new thermocouples. It have worked fine for a week, but now I get the same failure again :-(

Have'nt got anymore thermocouples around. Is it possible to calibrate the thermocouples in any way?

Is it related to the higher temperatures I use with ABS that destroys the thermocouples?

Anyone had the same experience? What to do? :roll:

Kind regards,
Markus

satoer

Post by satoer »

Yeah, it seems to be a delicate part of the Felix electronics. I've read a lot of treads with thermistor problems. You can replace it with a Epcos B57560G104F, or contact Guillaume, it's probably a warranty issue.

Make sure you buy a high temperature version like this one:
http://uk.farnell.com/epcos/b57560g104f ... 57560G104F
I've seen different temperature ranges for the same component part number.

Don't throw away the old one, you need to re-use the metal outer shell.
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

markus_kyroe

Post by markus_kyroe »

That was very helpful! The new thermistor is now installed and works perfectly! :geek:

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

Got this message too tonight upon starting my Felix 2.0, been printing ABS at 240 lately :(

18:20:39.453 : Error:0
18:20:39.453 : : Extruder switched off. MINTEMP triggered !
18:20:39.453 : Error:Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)

extruder temp reads 3.2 c, so i suppose i need to replace my thermistor, luckily i bought one locally that can stand 300c...

let's see how to replace this thing....
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

reyntjensm

Post by reyntjensm »

I'm having the same problem, i only have my printer for a few hours
should i already replace it?