New FELIX 2.0 upgrade kit.

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

satoer

New FELIX 2.0 upgrade kit.

Post by satoer »

I've seen the new FELIX 2.0 in the webshop, and the question's of everybody with a "old" Felix over here will be:

- Will there be an upgrade-kit to the new Z construction / heated bed?
- When will it be available?
- What will it cost?

:D
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

dognotdog

Post by dognotdog »

I'm most definitely interested in a better heated bed, and would also like to see how the Z axis spindle is mounted :) The product page & blog post don't have much info on those, unfortunately.

dognotdog

Post by dognotdog »

As a sidenote, I quite like these improvements:
- new Z axis homing vane/bracket looks much better, probably doesn't get nocked out of calibration as easily.
- Z axis motor mount also looks like it should be a lot sturdier
- little cup on the extruder inlet for holding a feeding a tube also nice touch

While the new electronics seems better than the Arduino/RAMPS combo, I am a bit concerned about the non-removable stepper driver ICs, considering how easily they are killed.

matteej

Post by matteej »

Can't wait to upgrade :)

is there an ETA for the dual extruder by the way?

framirez

Post by framirez »

I just saw ! The new FELIX 2.0...
I'm still waiting for the missing parts of my felix 1.5 (which I just bought) to be delivered. My Felix 1.5 is still unmounted and now it comes: More accurate, better bed, better Z axis, more sexy, better bettter better.... The Felix 2.0 :cry: :x This is clearly a typical "The world hates me" day ... :cry: I'm eating my hat, I'm eating my Z-axis, my power resistors, my printed parts, my arduino.... Witte foam is comming out of my mouth... etc. Mummy , why didn't I know it ? :cry:
... << Cooling down from strong emotions>>....... OK. Where is that upgrade?

mkh42

Post by mkh42 »

My good old Felix printer works like a charm so i'm not very eager to upgrade it but the Felix printer 2.0 looks so good that i instantly would buy an upgrade and take the hassle and risk to upgrade my good old Felix printer.
Hope we will see an upgrade kit soon.

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

Hi Guys,

Cool to see the curiousity of the new update :)...Soon I'll make an official post of the Felix 2.0. We are working hard to finalize the documentation and all the stuff that comes along after updating a design.An update package will come asap, but takes approx another 2 weeks before ready. We are at a critical stock level of the electronics boards already, so we reserved them for new printer orders and exclude the electronics board from the upgrade kit untill new stock arrives. The new electronics is a better solution compared to the arduino/ramps combination in my opinion, but for an upgrade the mechanical parts and the bed make the biggest difference in terms of print quality.

@dognotdog ;):
z-axis4.png
z-axis3.png
z-axis2.png
z-axis1.png
extru1.png
The extruder arm has been slightly redesigned, to make it more robust and reduce chance of cracking over time.
extru2.png

matteej

Post by matteej »

Mouthwatering

Can we pre-order the kits? :)

dognotdog

Post by dognotdog »

Guillaume: what kind of coupling do you use for the motor/spindle?

Also, maybe a pure Z-axis + heatbed upgrade kit would do nicely for 1.5 owners. The electronics are not that cheap, and the existing RAMPS board isn't that bad. Unless you've done some special improvements on the electronics, like a 32bit MCU :)

aikx

Post by aikx »

dognotdog wrote: Also, maybe a pure Z-axis + heatbed upgrade kit would do nicely for 1.5 owners. The electronics are not that cheap, and the existing RAMPS board isn't that bad. Unless you've done some special improvements on the electronics, like a 32bit MCU :)
My opinion!