New FELIX 2.0 upgrade kit.

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

josa

Re: New FELIX 2.0 upgrade kit.

Post by josa »

Maybe the upgrade could be split in several parts. This makes the step (and cost) to make an certain upgrade smaller.

- Heated bed upgrade
- Z axis upgrade
- Electronics upgrade

I share the opinion of aikx and dognotdog with respect to the electronincs.

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

Thanks for the tips, we'll do it like this and enable the electronics parts later when they are in larger stock quantities again. Takes some more time to release

twicx

Post by twicx »

I'm most interested in the Z motor mount upgrades, and the Z rail stuff. Looks awesome!

markus_kyroe

Post by markus_kyroe »

Any news about when the 2.0 update will come?

Have some problems with the 1.0, so are very excited about the 2.0 upgrade. But don't know if I should wait for 2.0 or order the 1.5 upgrade kit?

matteej

Post by matteej »

still eagerly waiting for that upgrade kit...

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

Any info for the display module?
Felix 2.0----> 3.0
V4 hot end
Simplyfy 3D
Kisslicer
Autodesk fusion 360

satoer

Post by satoer »

What temperature can the new heated bed reach?
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

felix

Post by felix »

satoer wrote:What temperature can the new heated bed reach?
that would be my question as well. The only reason for me to upgrade would be higher bed temperatures for ABS printing. I'm quite happy with my 1.5 otherwise.

I assume the standalone printing requires the entire new electronics, i.e. there is no simple upgrade to just get the display and cardreader part?

dognotdog

Post by dognotdog »

felix wrote:I assume the standalone printing requires the entire new electronics, i.e. there is no simple upgrade to just get the display and cardreader part?
You can just attach any RAMPS compatible card reader / display panel. You just have to enable it in the firmware configs, and it should work.

Geertjan

Post by Geertjan »

The new upgrade kits have arrived on the website, but I am left with a few questions that are not clarified in the kit description.
Does the new electronics board come with a new printed housing? The picture of the upgrade kit shows a new housing and as far as I can see a new extruder assembly. I seems that you get all the parts even if you do not order the new board or the motors, right?
Can the new smaller motors be fitted on the existing mounts on the parts I have in my printer right now? probably not 8-) I can see the benefit for the extruder carriage if they are less heavy :D but I am not sure if I need new motors..
And finally. Do the new motors require the new electronics board ?