Filament guide and cleaning cloth

This is the place to show off your felix printer hacks and improvements.
kimmoli

Re: Filament guide and cleaning cloth

Post by kimmoli »

Here are two STL files for the rotating part: (Feel free to use, modify or do whatever you like.)
filament_guide_rotating_p1_v2.stl
(108.21 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
filament_guide_rotating_p2_v2.stl
(109.27 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
Recommended to remove burrs etc from the hole where from the filament goes through to reduce friction.

I will post the other part when i get it really working.

My intention here is to put the reel on the table / right side of printer with some reel-support-rolling-thing-dunno-yet and allow it to unreel stragiht up, so to minimise tangling.
CLick here for short video

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

Very awesome solution to guide the filament. Hope to print it out soon.

kimmoli

Post by kimmoli »

I'm working on my reel-support thing now. First half printed - it took over 2 hours, and 4 hours of tweaking to get it started properly. There is a section on bed where the first layer does not stick... i even replaced kapton tapes with clean ones (had sanded them for ABS printing) - no help - same spot fails.

But anyways here it is:
reel-support-left.jpg
It has the press-fit technology ape'd from tweezers holder

killejano

Post by killejano »

Is your printbed warped? Mine was. Cant be sure if it was my doing or problem in the production, but I got it sorted after I mounted a dial indicator to the extruder.

The bed bowed down between the tbo bolts for about 0.4mm and the other corners was twisted about 0.7mm measured from corner to corner

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

killejano wrote:Is your printbed warped? Mine was. Cant be sure if it was my doing or problem in the production, but I got it sorted after I mounted a dial indicator to the extruder.

The bed bowed down between the tbo bolts for about 0.4mm and the other corners was twisted about 0.7mm measured from corner to corner
Hi,

did you manage to "re-align" it ? or you had to change it ?
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

killejano

Post by killejano »

Yes I was. It was fairly easy actually. You just need to be careful when bending it so you don't go too far

kimmoli

Post by kimmoli »

13040195.jpg
PTFE tube arrived... made grill for the fan also. Noticed that if i stop it accidentally, it would not always restart - have to help it to start rotating again.

Missing from the photo is another version of cleaning cloth holder, which fits in the end of PTFE tube. Just fill it with your favorite cleaning material (mine is bandage from first-aid kit)
hylsy.jpg

Kjetilei

Post by Kjetilei »

Really nice improvements :)

Please share the gcode/STL.

kimmoli

Post by kimmoli »

Here are the STL files.

Disclaimer: Please feel free to do what ever you like - no warranty - I will not be responsible if you damage your printer by using these.
Attachments
puhdistusrattihylsy_v0.stl
Prototype - not yet tested as i havent changed reel yet. For 5mm OD ptfe tube.
(175.28 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
filament_support_extruder_v1.stl
For 5mm OD ptfe tube.
(190.38 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
fangrid-extruder-cooler-v0.stl
You'll need longer M4xSomething for this. This will go together with the support part (not alone without modification)
(419.25 KiB) Downloaded 52 times