Help: Felix 3.1 only 10mm/s prints are sucessfull

3Diy

Help: Felix 3.1 only 10mm/s prints are sucessfull

Post by 3Diy »

Hello,
I´m owner of a Felix 3.1 single extruder for a week now and most of my prints have these lifted borders (not on the print bed). I assume it is because the PLA wont cool down fast enough.
Please note the red circles it is where the PLA lifts
Please note the red circles it is where the PLA lifts
I´m printing with Felix Blue-PLA with Print bed temp 55° and Extruder of 180-190°. The extruder temp somehow doesnt make a difference i can only print sucessfull if I print with 10 mm/s and below.
The print does stick completly to the ground and the fan is on 100%

is there a way to get at least 30mm/s ?

EDIT: Also this may be a problem, the extruder makes some crunch noises and I dont know why

Thanks in advance
Attachments
This is how it looks after the complete print
This is how it looks after the complete print

Christiaan_Felix

Post by Christiaan_Felix »

Hello 3Diy,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your FELIX 3.1, hope we can solve them soon!

Concerning your problem: it could be a thermistor issue. It seems like your objects are printed at too high of a temperature. Could you please try the following to see if it makes a difference?

- Lower the print temperature to 170 or 180 degrees C.

or

- Print two objects at the same time (so there is more time for cooling the object)

Looking forward to hear if any of the above makes a difference!

Kind regards,

Christiaan

3Diy

Post by 3Diy »

Hi,
Thank you very much for your help!

I dont think (hope) that the thermistor is affected, because in idle the show nearly exactly the same temperature.

I got much better results by doing the following:
1. If the print is really small (like marvin) I´ve added a fan if the resoultion is smaller than 200 micron
2. printing two thinks at the same time helped also
3. i´ve used another slicer (simplify3D) it produced much better results as cura.