y-stage bracket

Help eachother out with assembly problems.
SlaveInabox

y-stage bracket

Post by SlaveInabox »

Broke the ear on the y-stage bracket (page 32 ). There is a slot on the y-stage bracket that seems like it should be cut out to give the broken ear more spring (see attached photo).
Should this slot be open?

-- Cynthia
Attachments
flange.jpg

Kjetilei

Post by Kjetilei »

Been there myself :)

As you can see I fixed the problem temporarily with a big washer. You should hopefully be able to do the same and print a new part

I notified Guillaume about this problem a while ago: http://www.felixprinters.com/forum/view ... 4&start=10

And he updated the part shortly after: http://www.felixprinters.com/forum/view ... 4&start=20

Even with the beefed up version I managed to break it again (I'm too used with though nylon based R/C car plastic parts).
Beefed up version
Beefed up version
Based on my feedback Guillaume has come up with a very good solution that I suspect he can upload/send to you.
Newest part
Newest part
Happy printing :)

Kjetil

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

Thanks for the help Kjetil :)

The slot should not be open. It should already give some spring. Is the glue strong enough to hold the belt when clamped? If not I'll send you a replacement or if you manage to get the printer to work I'll send you the gcode files and you can print it your self. Like Kjetil said and showed I've made an upgraded part for this but still have to roll it out.

Kjetilei

Post by Kjetilei »

No problem!

I hope I didn't let the cat out of the bag too soon :)

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

The cat is now officially out of the bag :), will add the gcode files soon on the forum.

titchy

Post by titchy »

hi, were these y stage bracket stl files for felix 2.0ever made available for download?
mine sagged after printing abs, and i cant see them i download selection
thanks

satoer

Post by satoer »

These where for the Felix 1 with the old sliding bearings.
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

titchy

Post by titchy »

i have a felix 2.0 and the y axis brackets (under the heatbed) have sagged after printing ABS, i didnt insulate the underside very well.
In the downloads i can only see files for Z axis and x axis/extruder parts, theres no y axis parts (only the belt tensioner).
The Felix 1.5 y axis brackets were once available for download (i printed some), but now theres none, and i need Felix 2.0 parts (or 3.0!?!).
thanks