First test prints on Felix 2.0

Kjetilei

Re: First test prints on Felix 2.0

Post by Kjetilei »

Skeinforge:
Raft
- Support -
Interface / Support Lines Density (ratio): e.g. 0.15 (lower value = wider spacing = less support)

You could also try Kisslicer - it has (in my opinion) a better/more intuitive support-function and slices complex models very fast.

Makron

Post by Makron »

Try this settings .
Attachments
support.png

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

Makron wrote:Try this settings .
thanks a lot, this is what i wanted
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

going through some "turbulence" today with my printer. As you can see in below picture, the quality of my prints has deteriorated sharply. There are some horizontal lines and spaces appearing at various heights.

Not sure what has caused this and how to go back to normal. I printed a large part this morning using Sli3er for the first time, it did not turn right at all, delamination of vertical walls. So I went back to SFAcT with my previous setting, temp = 190 and bed at 55. I just printed the 40x10 test file, it was quite bad, looks like the flow is not enough. I tried to increase temperature to 195, better but not at all like my first prints.

Any idea what could have happened ?

Edit I'm extruding 15mm of filament in manual control, the flow is fluctuating, sometimes it flows right, sometimes it flows much more slowly. I've thightened the screw a little, does not seem to change, does not seem to slip anyway.

could I have a partially clogged extruder ? If so, any procedure to follow to dismantle and clean it ?
image.jpeg
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

dognotdog

Post by dognotdog »

You could have a partially clogged extruder, and there could also be some issue with the Z axis, judging from the photo.

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal »

Also seems like the extruder wheel doesn't have enough pressure, or the filament slips a little. You could try to put more pressure on it by turning the tensioning bolt a little clockwise.

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

ok, juts came back from a long afternoon with the printer,

print quality is back on track, i followed these instructions to clean the extruder without dismantling it:
http://www.felixprinters.com/forum/view ... ?f=14&t=29

in the process i had to turn the tensioning screw so i'm not 100% sure it was a dirty extruder or the tension on the filament.

I've also "upgraded" to a 2mm glass bed. At first the print did not stick at all, i finally increased the temperature to 70 C and tried the white glue technique described on this forum and the print is sticking nicely now.

So i should be able to post a picture of my first big print before 21h00

thanks all
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

Oh yeah ¨
I'm back on track with my Felix 2.0

Nice looking print and very good fit !

normal quality, 0.2mm

don't know how PLA stand the test of time outside in the sun, rain and cold of winter. We shall see. Might have to print this one out of ABS.

thanks for your guidance guys !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdVuEL1TsrY
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

That looks great :o
Felix 2.0----> 3.0
V4 hot end
Simplyfy 3D
Kisslicer
Autodesk fusion 360

Hugues

Post by Hugues »

Hugues wrote:...
I've also "upgraded" to a 2mm glass bed. At first the print did not stick at all, i finally increased the temperature to 70 C and tried the white glue technique described on this forum and the print is sticking nicely now.
wow, this glue is quite strong, actually TOO strong. I could not manage to remove my part from the glass plate this morning and finally broke off the 2mm plate in the process :evil:

So.

Maybe i need to lessen the ratio glue to water in the mix and use less glue ?

I also found the glass plate to be very brittle, i think it was bound to break one day. There are I guess many types of glass. I guess this one is not the right one. Maybe it's the 65C heat that weakens the glass ? I wonder how would polycarbonate behave for this purpose. I believe it does not break like glass, it's more flexible. But it might expand more than glass at 65 C ? But is it a problem ? It might help to dislodge the part when cooling down...I might try it...
Hugues
Regards from Switzerland