Problems with the extruder

keinarsson

Problems with the extruder

Post by keinarsson »

Hello,

I would start a print print fine in draft quality for 3 hours, then start another print right after but the filament gets stuck. The temperature would show a steady 200° but it gets stuck. I took it out and fed the filament through with hand. No problems for the first centimeters but then its like it doesnt melt anymore.

Any ideas?

satoer

Post by satoer »

If the hot-end is clogged, the easiest and best way to clean it, is to floss the hot-end with a piece of guitar string. Feed the fillament trough a piece of sponge to clean it from dust (dust doesn't melt in the hot-end and can clog the hot-end)

If you cool down the hot end and heated bed. Does the software give approximately the same room temperature?
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

keinarsson

Post by keinarsson »

Well it did, at first but then when I took the extruder unit apart then the sensor just quit. That was my last one so I have to wait a bit for the next one to arrive.
I will try to clean the extruder and see if that helps.

thanks

Starwatcher22

Post by Starwatcher22 »

Exactly the same happened to me - filament got stuck - I tried to get it move with a higher temperatur (240 deg) but still no success .
I have no guitar string but used a very tiny 0,35mm drill from the lower end: I could insert it approx 1 cm and had the impression that there was no material left, but filament doesn't go through