After using the Felix 1.5 extruder for some time, in the long run some issues came to the surface. With feedback from some users we've made an incremental update to the extruder design.
Possible issues with Felix 1.5 extruder.
- Extruder arm cracked after a while
- Extruder base pt4 showed some cracks after a while
- Hot-end was not completely fixed in carriage.
- Filament guiding was too weak and could wear out after a while.
- Added some extra material where parts showed cracks especially on extru_base_pt2
- Beefed up the extruder arm
- Gave extruder arm more room to build up tension, results in better gripping of filament.
- Put a notch on the extru_base_pt4, prevent hot-end from rotating.
- Increased the height of slot on extru_base where the hot-end is inserted.
- Added room to insert bowden guiding tube.
http://www.felixprinters.com/downloads/ ... port.gcode
Time will tell if all issues will be solved.
Don't hesitate to tell us your findings/tips/comments.