FELIX 2.0: Updated extruder

In here you will find news posted officially by FELIXprinters.

Moderator: speedake95

Mayhem

Re: FELIX 2.0: Updated extruder

Post by Mayhem »

seaton wrote:I'd like to see a dedicated Readonly thread per felix version for all downloadable STL/gcode that constitute official releases or a directory in the download area for each version of the Felix with all the correct STL/parts as it's a bit hard trying to locate parts here and there in the forum, and then working out whats current or not.

+1
Felix 2.0----> 3.0
V4 hot end
Simplyfy 3D
Kisslicer
Autodesk fusion 360

angryangel

Post by angryangel »

Perhaps Gilaume should search a adminstrator for downloads and forum who have acess to his files and can manage the things that are needed if he dont have time himself to do that

t800

Post by t800 »

seaton wrote:I'd like to see a dedicated Readonly thread per felix version for all downloadable STL/gcode that constitute official releases or a directory in the download area for each version of the Felix with all the correct STL/parts as it's a bit hard trying to locate parts here and there in the forum, and then working out whats current or not.
Amen on that.

Thats is one of the biggest suprises i have encountered with choosing the felixprinter for my 3d printer.
Altough the website promises free upgrades, access to printable parts seems almost guarded.
I have heat damage on part "z_axis_carrier_pt2_v11_F2_0" for example. But i cannot find it's gcode anywhere to reprint.
There is already an working upload system in place on the board: http://shop.felixprinters.com/downloads/
Seems to me it's just a matter of copying the files to there ?

superhornet59

Post by superhornet59 »

WOW!!!!! Guillaume, thank you so much for creating this update!! Since I got the printer I've had nothing but problems. I mean, all of the mechanics and electronics were good except the extruder. In over a month I could hardly get a handful of prints out. I mean, I fried a thermistor which set me back, but overall I experienced constant jams and uneven extrusion, and no matter how much I tightened the extruder bolt down it would not print consistently.. I mean even with no apparent slippage/grinding, I could alter the flow of filament by lightly pulling/pushing on it. Just a few days ago I took apart the extruder assembly and realized the extruder arm was already completely tensioned, but it was unable to travel any further, so it was useless. This was worsened by some deformation in the parts. I was also getting backlash (and what appeared to be z-wobble) in my prints even though everything was tight.. turns out the hot end itself wasn't secured in place.

I struggled to print out these updated parts.. but now that I have, my new prints are going AMAZING. The new extruder arm, with its extra travel, grabs the filament perfectly. The hot-end-notch also stops hot end rotation and secures it down greatly. This is an absolutely day-and-night difference... I used to have to print slow and carefully, now I am running this thing on full blast and the prints are coming out great!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

P.S. I do still maintain that the carriage needs a quick boost in strength to prevent the bending that people are experiencing, but otherwise I am very very pleased with this update!

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

New hot end?

Felix 2.0----> 3.0
V4 hot end
Simplyfy 3D
Kisslicer
Autodesk fusion 360

angryangel

Post by angryangel »

from where did you got this pictures?

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

Felix 2.0----> 3.0
V4 hot end
Simplyfy 3D
Kisslicer
Autodesk fusion 360

angryangel

Post by angryangel »

i allerady found it

but the felix 2.0 that i got still have the old one if there will be really an new bcause in some pictures there is still showen the old one

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

Felix 2.0----> 3.0
V4 hot end
Simplyfy 3D
Kisslicer
Autodesk fusion 360

seaton

Post by seaton »

My felix 2 is about 2 weeks old now and that is the version mine came with ( the newer one circled in the pic) I also order a second hot end as a spare and its the same also, I'm assuming its from a different supplier
Stephen...

Felix 2.0 -> Felix 3.0 dual
Simplify3D Slicer, Kisslicer
Have you added your Felix to the Map? http://goo.gl/maps/HajnZ

http://blog.strobotics.com.au