Working F 3.1 , but Display doesn't

Discussions about the electronics
toonlumberjack

Working F 3.1 , but Display doesn't

Post by toonlumberjack »

I'm aware that i posted already here in the forums. My Intension to divide my question into 2 threads is to seperate the topics clearly

Well, My printer does work with laptop via USB. Besides Shifting and other calibration problems the display doesn't work like intended.

Does someone have an advice for me?

Best regards
toonlumberjack
Attachments
14011933_10207215301116439_1718796637_n.jpg

aikx

Post by aikx »

toonlumberjack wrote:Well, My printer does work with laptop via USB. Besides Shifting and other calibration problems the display doesn't work like intended.
Does it show any values?
Does it show anything ever?
Did you activate the display support in Firmware, Marlin/Repetier?

aikx

Post by aikx »

See also: http://www.felixprinters.com/forum/view ... eter#p6106
Lighting is on, but no characters are displayed:
Contrast of the display is not set-up correctly. Turn the potentiometer on the FELIXprinters electronics board according to the assembly manual.
from "User Manual_FELIX_3_0_V10.pdf" Page 51

toonlumberjack

Post by toonlumberjack »

Thank you very much for this advice. Will try it this evening and give a short report.

I'm curious if this is the problem. I double checked the potentiometers settings during the assembly.

matthijs

Post by matthijs »

You also see this pattern on the display when the flat cable is inserted the wrong way around.

toonlumberjack

Post by toonlumberjack »

matthijs wrote:You also see this pattern on the display when the flat cable is inserted the wrong way around.
Really? the red cable normally indicates pin 1 in electronics and was on the right side according to the assembly guide.

Switching it the display went black.

matthijs

Post by matthijs »

Did you try reversing the cable with the printer off and then turn on the printer afterwards? The display needs to be initialised, which cannot be done properly with the cable connector reversed.

toonlumberjack

Post by toonlumberjack »

Sorry to response and close this topic

SOLVED.... The flatcable orientation was on a few set of displays on the wrong side and additionally i plugged the display in AFTER starting the board